Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 03:23:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shark Infested Waters...  (Read 6075 times)
RickM
« on: July 31, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I recently helped a friend of mine try sending a few letters to some different gals at different free sites he found.
Wow!Talk about a bunch of scammers!!!Both from individuals and agencies!!!
With-in a few letters they "all" were asking for money and "none" had a telephone or mail address!!!
Things have changed since I did the gig 5 yrs. ago...
Jack
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Shark Infested Waters..., posted by RickM on Jul 31, 2005

My words exactly.

I was interviewed for a special that A Current Affair ran on Russian brides a few weeks ago and those were the exact words I used, "Most guys do not know they are fishing from a shark infested pond".

You guys need to change watering holes. These internet agency sites, sites like Absolute Agency, Friend Finders, and many more similiar sites they charge like $29 a month, FORGET THEM! They are infested with sharks, scammmers. {and yes, Anastasiascamweb we can't forget them}

Either run personsonal ads in cities off the beaten path or deal with the small to mid-size honest and ethical ma and pa size agencies.

And yes to the skeptics, there are honest and ethical small marriage agencies, marriage agencies where they know each of their girls.

Travis
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Or you meet someone like my ex...good luck.
Streetwise
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

True there are many scammers on the free sites, as there are on agency sites. But it doesn't take a genius to smell the bad ones and weed them out. By the time you are ready to get on the plane, you should have boiled the list down to a very few who are 90% likely to be genuine (and asking for money automatically disqualifies them from that list.) That's what I did on my last trip, and both girls were genuine; I was introduced to their families which is a good sign although it made me uncomfortable, as I wasn't sure if we had really "clicked" yet. Starting a new life was clearly on their minds (and why not?) but they definitely were not scammers. As it turns out they weren't really my type, and that's a risk nobody can allow for; but they were genuine girls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: