Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 05:31:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hey everyone  (Read 8794 times)
Felinessa
« on: June 10, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Like my profile says, it's probably strange that someone like me would sign up for this board, and I hope you won't hold it against me.  But my interest in the MOB phenomenon has increased over the years, and has recently been accompanied by some anxiety, as my cousin decided to be one.

I'm 24, from Eastern Europe (not former USSR, but a bit further west), and I have something in common with the women some of you write to or have relationships with: I've always wanted to live in the West.  I chose another way, however; since I worked hard and had great grades, I got scholarships for my BA (in the US) and MA and PhD (Canada).  When I finish my PhD, I will apply for landed immigrant status, which I have a pretty good chance to get as a skilled worker.  I am in a relationship with a Canadian, but that's normal since I now live here.  My boyfriend knows that I'm going through immigration alone, so my foreign origin is not a big deal, considering how every other person in this country is an immigrant or the child of immigrants.

Anyways, I find your stories fascinating.  If I ever get bored of working in the Academe, I would love to work for either a governmental agency or an NGO that provides information and support for people in your situation. I hope you won't take offense to my opinions, but I know how your prospective think for the most part, so I'd be happy to provide some advice or "decoding" assistance.

Scaught
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to hey everyone, posted by Felinessa on Jun 10, 2005

Cat Woman: I think in your profile you need to change "professor" to "instructor", unless it's different in Canada, our 51st and largest state. A "professor" has a lifetime job guaranteed-- tenure. (Even a criminal Ukrainian bride with perjury may not be able to alter that!) An "instructor' just teaches a class or two or three at a college or university. Most "instructors" will never get tenure. No professor I know would ever call an "instructor" a "professor". There is a huge difference. It's like little league and major league. And during the tenure process, you aren't a "professor"-- you are still an "instructor". And after you get tenure, you aren't a "professor", You are an "assistant professor" for maybe five years, then "associate professor", then a "professor" after about ten to 15 years total. So you being a "professor" at 24-- come on! You'd have to be born with a Ph.D.

Maybe you were?

Set me straight!

Scaught

Felinessa
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Professor?, posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

Will gladly set you straight, since you're quoting me out of context (quelle surprise).

My profile does not say that I AM a professor, as in right now.  It talks about the future, and how instead of being a professor (which is the natural path), I could end up doing a government job.

Thanks for the academic hierarchy.  A great lesson in painful obviousness.  You should try it with Ukrainian scammers - maybe they'll be so blown away by your vast knowledge, they'll take pity on you next time.

Felinessa
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Professor?, posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

Will gladly set you straight, since you're quoting me out of context (quelle surprise).

My profile does not say that I AM a professor, as in right now.  It talks about the future, and how instead of being a professor (which is the natural path), I could end up doing a government job.

Thanks for the academic hierarchy.  A great lesson in painful obviousness.  You should try it with Ukrainian scammers - maybe they'll be so blown away by your vast knowledge, they'll take pity on you next time.

Scaught
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Professor?, posted by Felinessa on Jun 13, 2005

[This message has been edited by Scaught]

In your profile you wrote: "If I ever applied for a government job instead of staying a professor..."

Okay, let me translate, in the one-in-a-million chance that you someday in the future become a professor, you will in another one-in-a-million-chance work for the government.

Great-- it's all cleared up now.

Cat Woman, you really take the cake!

I think you should change your profile to something like this: "After serving as Chancellor of Germany, I may dabble in art and display my works at the Guggenheim, of course not until I set several aviation records I have had my eye on. I am 24 and these activities are merely a matter of time. I am superior to all other life forms on this planet. I want to tease Western men as I am on a site filled with losers that lust after babes like me, yet I have a boyfriend. It is my cheap thrill to be here and be desired. Of course I have no political experience, experience in flying, painting... in fact, I have yet to leave the classroom. But...!"

Felinessa
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Professor?, posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

Your analogy is deeply flawed because painting and flying aren't things that I actually have experience in.  I have two degrees in English Lit., though, from North American universities.  So in the modest opinion of my department (which, by the way, ACTUALLY COUNTS, unlike yours), that gives me more than a one in a million chance.  Let me guess, math wasn't your strongest point in Special Ed?

I'm not a babe and I doubt that anyone (except for my boyfriend) lusts after me.  Dude, do you think they are such low-lives as to "be teased" by a faceless poster on the frigging internet??? But then again, you were stupid enough to be conned by a poor girl from the third world...

You know, Scaught, I have to say "Good for her!!" If you were as annoying, navel-gazing, narrow-minded, obsessive, patronizing, and negative around her as you are on here, you must have driven her nuts.  It's quite plain that you subjected her to emotional and psychological abuse, so you know, she was entitled to that money.  She probably thought she'd move to a better place with a decent guy, and instead, she got poor old miserable you.  They should have a post-traumatic stress center for the ex-wives of such dogs.

Scaught
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Professor?, posted by Felinessa on Jun 14, 2005

Okay, you got me.

1.00001  in a million.

Scaught
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to hey everyone, posted by Felinessa on Jun 10, 2005

what you wrote...

You are so freaking superior to everyone on earth.. blah, blah, blah

I hope no one falls for this crap and writes to you.

I am sure you know that you can move to the US, marry some freaking fool, and you can put a restraining order on him, a judge will sign it even though nothing happened, and you are set for life financially. (Either you are taking notes, Cat Woman, or the Russian/Ukrainian governments sends booklets with this info to every female child when she turns 16.)

Wait, I change my mind-- I do hope some idiot who wants to play with fire will write to you, and I hope you will attach yourself like a leech, ruin his life, and suck him dry financially, emotionally and spiritually.

Go for it, oh hot Russian babe that we all so much desire!!! Let the games begin! Unleash the hounds!!!

These Ukrainian/Russian woman think we are idiots.. why? Because we try to trust them, when they themselves know how foolish it is to do so.

Ray
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Let me decode..., posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

Drinking and posting are a dangerous mix... LOL!
Felinessa
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Let me decode..., posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

"I hope no one falls for this crap and writes to you. "

Actually, I'm engaged, so I'm not hunting on the internet for a dimwit. Like I said before, I believe in working your way to a better life, rather than prostituting your way there.

"I am sure you know that you can move to the US"

I don't need to move to the US.  I lived in the US for 5 years because that's where I did my first degree.  Then I decided I liked Canada better, which is why I moved here. Considering that in a couple of years I'll have both Canadian residency and EU citizenship, I have a lot more options of my own than your "hot Russian babe."

Newsflash: unlike the semi-illiterate leeches you seem to have talked to, I don't actually need a senile fool's help if I want to live and work in a foreign country.  

"you can put a restraining order on him, a judge will sign it even though nothing happened, and you are set for life financially."

I'm sorry if this happened to you, but judging people you don't know like that is bordering on the pathological.  I'm not a desperado posting ads and scamming people.  I'm here because I'm interested in this phenomenon and in people's stories, so your attitude, both to me and to the gentleman you insulted, is completely inexcusable and uncalled for.

Scaught
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Let me decode..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 13, 2005

Cat Woman and I are Best Friends, now!
Felinessa
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Let me decode..., posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

1.  I'm not Russian, Ukrainian, Bulgarian, or from FSU.  

2.  Initially, you got a rise out of me.  Now, I just feel sorry for you, as I imagine it must be tough to be a miserable old man who hates everyone and everything.  Even if you still had a shot at happiness, you're undermining it every day with your bitterness and unjustified hatred.

3.  I think you should try therapy.  Not to be rude, but someone like you is a danger to himself and to others.

Scaught
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Let me decode..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 13, 2005

Cat Woman and I are Best Friends, now!
Felinessa
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Let me decode..., posted by Scaught on Jun 13, 2005

AWWWWWWWWW....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: