Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 06:14:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Socials and Attire  (Read 23935 times)
Stevo
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Socials and Attire, posted by fathertime on Jan 26, 2005

ggg
fathertime
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Keep 'refusing' to try and make a good i..., posted by Stevo on Jan 27, 2005

ga ga ga ga ga ga
Frank O
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I suggest be YOU. I ran an ad through Jack's agency. I sent a picture of me that might not have been considered "good". HOwver it WAS me. Coincidentally in the picture I was wearing a "jacket" & looked more like formal casual at least by my standards. On any given day I dress in leather pants, Harley boots, etc. I'm a musician & I"m the "real" deal. I don't wear suits etc though I have in the past when I worked as a fight promoter & had to meet with businessman for luncheons & promotional events. In any case in DAILY life that's how I dress. I Took your approach of eliminating those girls I did NOT like or would not like me. I even had several who I went out with who expected a nice dinner. I knew 2 minutes into a conversation I would NOT be spending my life with them so I opted to NOT treat them to dinner just a drink. Well first thing I did was start to tell them "well I'm not a rich attorney or doctor, I'm just a musician so I don't make that much money..." needless to say that worked. However LATER it came back to bite in the ar$e when word spread & other girls believed that crap!!;-))
Be yourself, I"m SURE you won't go looking like a bum as I don't think your clueless. As for my wife she didn't really care about any of that stuff. She was happy with the way I dressed etc. She even wants a matching pair of leather pants now. Personally I have a LOT more I'm thinking than just pant;-)
Good luck. As for Latina girls well.....let's just say the Uke's might not be as liveily overall. I don't like comparing people but there IS a HUGE cultural difference.
Jack
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Fathertime, if your going to one of the bigger socials it doesn't really matter what you wear, results will be the same. If you want to be real popular and have lot's of dates, wear nice gold jewelry, Rolex watch.
wsbill
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Well, tellya what.  I'd recommend lookin sharp.  Ya just never know when that one girl will be there that lights your fire.  And you sure won't want to look like a bum when you approach her.

The one thing these Ukrainian women do know is fashion, or atleast try to stay abreast of.  As their, out to copy the Italians in styles and such.

So, with that said.  A real girl is going to look nice.  But, if it's going to cramp your style wear whatever you want.  But, bear in mind.

First impressions are also the most lasting.  What'cha might ought to do is get a photo of you in your flip-flops, shorts and t-shirt and show it to her and examine if she frowns, laughs or just keeps on smiling.

And just weight her response to see if she's a keeper or not.
---
How do Latin women like for you to dress ?

I would figure their more like the flip-flop, shorts and t-shirts kinda of women...

fathertime
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I see your into Latin women, posted by wsbill on Jan 26, 2005

WS bill
Thanks that is a good idea about the picture.  I definitely do not want to look like a bum.  I also do not want to dress or behave like I am high class because I am really just a good old boy.   I know that the way I am is not good for a certain percentage of girls and I want to cross them off the list immediately.  It is better I do not meet the girls who are looking for “Formal Dinners” and nights on the town in Limos because although the financial means is there for me I detest all that silly ritual behavior.  
Insofar as latin American girls I am not a true connoisseur although I can say that I wore button down shirts and nice pants and did excellent in my opinion.  The best time I had was when I was in my swim suit with the girls in the pool.  Everyone was more loosened up and playful.  Are there any hot tubs or indoor pools in Odessa?  I guess their must be.  For me I am best in that sort of environment where all the girls jump on me and try to drown me:.)  
wsbill
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I see your into Latin women, posted by fathertime on Jan 26, 2005

Good question.  Never been there... but I know there bound to be a few Turkish bath houses that will provide you with girls and lot of hot water...

I just wonder, does that water ever gets changed. LOL.

wsbill
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I see your into Latin women, posted by fathertime on Jan 26, 2005

You to wear a expensive looking watch.  No kidding.  You can find one at any department store for about $100 bucks.

Chicks here in the states look for guys that accessorise, and you do want to stand out from the rest of the pack.

A silver or gold lookin watch will set you apart from the guys who are wearing those cheap plastic watches.  No kidding.

If you want a beautiful wife.  It's these little things, that make the different.  Never mind it's not a Rolex.

Ya just gotta look important and your there to find a wife.
Like your on a mission from god.  The sole purpose of your trip is to find that one lady, where your going to procreate a bunch of little kids for here to tender after.

Also, make sure before you leave.  Go out and take alot of pictures of your surrounding country side.  It's like when you go there, you have no idea what the terrain is like, same would be true for this lady or ladies, as it gives you an edge over the other guys.  So what you do, take a small photo album with you.   So you show them where your from and of course, they're going to want one of these photo...even if it's just a simple photo of a country field or landscape.   What I think this does it strokes their minds of fairytale fantasy.

Just like you hear, here.  Most women don't have access to computers, or large public libraries.  I walked into the library in Kiev and was a gasped at what I saw.  It was a dump, old worn out books....which prinipally looked like volumes of propaganda cranked out by their gov't.  You can forget about finding any magazines or newspapers.

All that kind of stuff you have to buy from the vendors, as their gov't is so behind the curve it's not even funny.

So, go forth.
Get expensive looking watch and a simple photo album.

You'll have women falling over you.  No kidding, why, cause most guys arrive to those socials thinkin the women will fall all over them, but ya gotta bear in mind... if they don't speak english, your kinda hosed.

So how do you connect with pretty ones, with pictures.
And then you can imporvise with the sign language or get a translator next to you to explain what your talking about.

Ya gotta have something to talk about to put in these girls minds how interesting of a guy you are... other, your just another guy to them.

fathertime
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  I would however recommend, posted by wsbill on Jan 27, 2005

Thanks WS for the information about the photo album.  You got to be kidding about the watch and looking important.  If I am connecting with woman because of my watch than I deserve whatever repercussions are forthcoming.  I like my cheap plastic watch.  So does anyone know if there are any indoor public swimming pools in Odessa?
Rags
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re:  I would however recommend, posted by fathertime on Jan 27, 2005

[This message has been edited by Rags]

Hey man, WS isn't just blowin' smoke. You can get by without the suit and tie but a nice watch does say something to these ladies. It's not a materialistic thing but more a style issue. Better to make no impression than to give a negative one. 86 the plastic watch.

He's right on about the photo album and expecting to give at least one photo away to almost every lady you meet (at least the ones that are really, truely interested in you)...  wink  sigh

wsbill
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: the watch, posted by Rags on Jan 27, 2005

[This message has been edited by wsbill]

Rags...  As I showed up without one.  I was a newbie.  I couldn't believe my eyes either, these ladies wanted to see America and all he had was photos of California hill country... They ate that stuff up!!  LOL

"Here's my favorite pine tree in my backyard"!

Ohhh! I want that one!

Think about it.  Some of these ladies live in these Stallin cinderblock apartments which the masses lived in.  Look at the grounds around some of those buildings, most are all dirt because there are no signs that say "keep off the grass".

This is probably why a trip out to their dacha was something to really woo about.

Kinda like how those New Yorkers think Central Park is something special (whoopie)... ya know.

These people ain't got squat...atleast the poor ones.  If a chick looks like she's a throw back from the 1960's it's probably because the dress or pant suit she's wear just might have been her mothers or maybe from someone in her villiage.  Ha.

You'll see.   Most women know what a needle and thread are over there.  And they can make their own clothes.  So, ya might check some of those ladies out that don't look rich.
Which is no doubt a good indicator they probably aren't.

And give some distance to those that look a bit too good.
---This is about what it typically looks like in Ukraine.
http://www.kremenchuk.org/archive/index-en.htm?05-01-25#nomenu

Everybody is standing out in front of a building, chit chatting with their friends, I doubt if one person from that who group owns a car and so they walk to where their going.  You'll see some women with some mighty big legs muscles!!  And some that are nice and shapely... must be in the genes, as to the pretty shapely ones must get alot of rides vs the others.

Bruno Thoumsin
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:   I learned about the photo album fr..., posted by wsbill on Jan 27, 2005

Maybe you need to study russian language before say something about a photo...

If you take time to see the panel up the main door, you can read : " Poly technical University " ... all the the people are student... and not all student have car...

If i see our western university, it is almost the same...

Before say something about a photo, learn about what is the photo

wsbill
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:   I learned about the photo album fr..., posted by wsbill on Jan 27, 2005

Alot of them live.  Looks at closely, looks like hell.

It's more like an Apartment in the ghetto of a downtown American city.

http://www.kremenchuk.org/archive/index-en.htm?05-01-21#nomenu

LP
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: This apartment building is where , posted by wsbill on Jan 27, 2005

[This message has been edited by LP]

...Have you ever been to Krem or are you, as usual, just pulling stuff outta your hole? Why don't you post some photos of your wheeless doublewide in Hicksville with Arnold the pig and you out front so we can see how a big leaguer lives? Stop being a dumbass and have a little respect.

wsbill
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: This apartment building is where , posted by LP on Jan 28, 2005

I'm just pointing out the kind of life people live.  But in all fairiness, go to any major metropolitian area of the USA and you'll find dumpy apartments as well.

So, if someone is from Kyiv, Krem or the ghettos of USA.

Tellya what, I'd be consider rich in my single wide horizontal penthouse with leaf springs & axles on the side.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: