Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 07:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Account registration changes  (Read 13265 times)
Patrick
« on: February 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm back from vacation and have completed modification of the new account script to register users. Hopefully this will fix all the problems people are having with email addresses. The changes were pretty extensive, so there could still be some bugs. If anybody still has problems, please let me know.

Patrick

Tim
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to New Account registration changes, posted by Patrick on Feb 12, 2001

Just thought you would like to know that I can't get the @ character to translate in my profile text. Look in my profile at the email address China-USA-Couples-owner@yahoogroups.com  -- the @ was removed.

Regards, Tim

Patrick
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The @ does not come out in the "Pro..., posted by Tim on Feb 13, 2001

Tim,

I went into the data base and changed your board email to China-USA-Couples-owner@yahoogroups.com.  The script removes any characters other than alpha, numerals, periods, colons, and slashes before inserting it into the member description column of the database.  Now that I've learned a bit more about databases I know that I could have simply escaped any special characters before insertion to take care of unusual characters.  I'll put another modification on the to-do list.

Regards, Patrick

Tim
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to New Account registration changes, posted by Patrick on Feb 12, 2001

Patrick, I recently switched ISP providers at home. So my email account changed. I don't see a way to get this info changed on my PL registration. I can still post with this registered name from work (where I am now), but I would like to get it working from home. What procedure do I follow to change my email account in my PL registration ?

Thanks, Tim

Patrick
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Procedure when ISP company changes ?, posted by Tim on Feb 13, 2001

Tim,

If you'll send an email to me with your new address, I can modify the database.  I plan to add the email addresses to the items that can be edited, but that's probably going to be out a ways.  Please put all caps in the subject line of your email (shout at me).  I'm still way behind in email.

Patrick

rgg
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Patrick,
   Thanks for the fast reply on my registration.  Looking forward to contributing and/or lending assistance on board discussion.  You'll be hearing from me guys!!!   rgg
Dave H
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: New Account registration changes, posted by rgg on Feb 13, 2001

N/T
Dave H
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome rgg! We need all the help we can..., posted by Dave H on Feb 14, 2001

rgg,

What part of the Philippines are you from?

Dave H.

rgg
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Also..., posted by Dave H on Feb 14, 2001

Dave,
  I come from Davao City.  Its about an hour and a half plane ride from Manila and the third largest city in PI.  Davao is part of the Mindanao islands where if you've been keeping track of news the past few months is where a lot of kidnappings for ransom are taking place but sad to say I haven't seen the likes of Russel Crowe and Meg Ryan (Proof of Life) hereabouts. If its of any interest to you or the board, I am engaged in the fishkeeping hobby both marine and fresh water fish.  I chanced upon some comments of the board on beer.  I wish to add that if you haven't tried San Miguel Beer yet, you're missing a real good brew!!
Dave H
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Also..., posted by rgg on Feb 14, 2001

Hi rgg,

I was in Butuan in Oct/Nov 2000. I would have liked to  visit Davao, but I didn't have enough time. When I was younger I drank beer in quanity, now I drink it in moderation and prefer quality. San Miguel is a Great beer! I am disappointed that I can no longer find it where I live (S.Florida). However, the imported San Miguel wasn't as tasty as the beer I drank in the Philippines.

Dave H.

Jay
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Masarap!, posted by Dave H on Feb 15, 2001

Hi Dave,

The San Mig imported to the U.S. is not nearly as strong either. U.S. gov. regs.

Did you ever try "Red Horse" while you were there? The stuff tastes awful, but has a great effect from just one or two. Except that little side effect that makes your eyeball's potrude farther out from thier socket's. No joke.

It is my suspicion that more is put into the stuff than the Gin and beer they claim. My guess would be Formaldahyde, kind of like "33" beer in Vietnam. I've drank shot's of gin and beer mixed many times with Pilipino friends and never felt that strange little feeling that Red Horse gives. Feel's more like drug's. Smiley

Anyway, just saying "HI" and hope all is going well with you and your fiance.

Take Care,

Jay

Dave H
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Masarap!, posted by Jay on Feb 16, 2001

Hi Jay,

It's good to hear from you. I hope everything is going good. I never tried the Red Horse and I am now glad that I didn't. Thanks for the advice!!! Besides, I would rather be called "Joe" than "Popeye." That was for you and Ray. 8o)) Although...maybe that stuff could preserve me and keep me looking young (despite being old, fat, & bald) forever.8o)

Everything is starting to move along (except if you ask Ray) with my fiancee and me. Shocked) We are both doing good and have learned to play the "Waiting Game."

Take care and don't be a stranger.

Dave H.

Ray
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Masarap!, posted by Jay on Feb 16, 2001

Jay, how have you been?

I had a couple of bottles of Red Horse in Balingwan (sp?) while I was waiting for the Camiguin Island ferry. Stuff kicked my butt!

They have “33” here in San Diego. One of the local pubs also serves Singha (from Thailand). Now that stuff will really kick ass! You’re right, the San Miguel over here is watered down and full of preservatives, and they get $4.99 for a 6-pack. That’s why I don’t drink San Miguel here in the States.

Ray

humabdos
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Welcome back! How was your trip Patrick were you in the phils?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: