Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 08, 2024, 02:21:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Applying for Citizenship: Pros and Cons?  (Read 10100 times)
tbirdjoy
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Applying for Citizenship: Pros and C..., posted by slimjimco on Jul 31, 2004

I'm a human resources director and you were informed wrong.  Any legal resident with a valid SS# who pays in for a minimum of 40 quarters (10 years) is entitled to received their own SS benefits.  If she didn't work a single day she would still be entitled to your SS through surviver benefits.  Hope this clears up that issue for you.

Mark

Apk1
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Applying for Citizenship: Pros and Cons?, posted by SteveM on Jul 30, 2004

It appears that it is faster to become an American Citizen than it is to get the permanent green card!....at least that is what just happened to a friend of ours.

Not to mention that your wife will automatically receive her American passport...and travel out of the country will be so much easier..

BrianN
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Applying for Citizenship: Pros and Cons?, posted by SteveM on Jul 30, 2004

When my ex became a citizen many years ago, the green card ceased to
exist, and was replaced with a citizenship certificate (real huge thing),
and a citizenship card.  

And no further hassles with the old ins.  As far as anything else?  I
guess it would be a question of pride or a personal ownership thing (of
country)...    

About doing things in Russia, I don't know.  Surprised there SHOULD be
some knowledgeable folks here on this topic.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: