Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 08, 2024, 11:46:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm Gone Too.......................  (Read 3964 times)
Globetrotter
« on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Well, my ex-squeeze has been writing a few times per week for 7 months now, asking about my family members and some situations in my life and about business, and telling me the same about her life.

She wrote she is corresponding with 2 Americans and one European, and wanted to know what I thought she should do as she still loves me.  So I told her to pick the best one, and to forget about me.  I told her that even if one marries the girl next door, marriage is very difficult.  Then throw into the mix culture, language, country, etc.,
and for me it becomes difficult to impossible.

I thanked her for the offer and that I was flattered, and that if I saw all of the wonderful qualities she has, that a hundred others would also.  I said that I just couldn't do this...not because of her, but because of me.  I said she would always be my friend, not  my Russian friend, just my friend, and I will help her in any way I can.  So, it ends.

I've had a fun learning experience here, and learned magnitudes about women over there, traveled to some places I never would have gone to, and enriched my life in many ways because of my experiences.  I'm sorry for those here I've pissed off and never meant to hurt anyone, but that's just me.  I may pop in from time to time, but maybe not, as I feel I have little more to contribute.

Thanks for letting me play in the sandbox Patrick.  Good luck to all.

Frank O
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm Gone Too......................., posted by Globetrotter on Jul 30, 2004

NT
Jack
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to At least you gave it a solid effort. NT, posted by Frank O on Jul 30, 2004

I would like to know more about Globe's pursuit and wonder how much he would care to share with us. It's quite obvious he has some real life experiences and maybe some things he did, or did not do, could help others.

Globe, I can only speculate, but maybe you met one lady, you wrote one lady, fell for this one lady, put your heart and hopes in this one lady. And now, after hearing from her most recently, you feel it was a complete waste of time. Well, at the very least, it was an education, you have learned from this past experence.

Maybe you met several ladies, I don't know, and she was the one who rose to the top. But somehow I doubt it.

Globetrotter
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: At least you gave it a solid effort...., posted by Jack on Jul 30, 2004

Sure Jack, I'll tell you how and what I did.  When I started out I found 10 girls and wrote to them all.  After about 3 months, due to what they wrote, how often, and having made an assessment of them, I chose 4, and met them one at a time for a week at least.  Since I still travel all over the world on business, Odessa or Saratov, or Minsk, or Budapest or Turkey or wherever, was just a few hours from London or Paris.  So that's what I did.  And yes, one of the 4 rose above the others, and we were together for 3 years from my first letter to her.

A mistake I made....sure.  Since all the girls are on a site designed to find a husband, there's no need to wait 2 years to discuss a prenup, which was our undoing.

Jack, I never said or thought this was a waste of time in any way.  Just the opposite as it was a Hell of a ride.  But while on the rollercoaster and you pick up more and more information about the girls and their situations, their motives, etc., I just became more jaded to the process, and wanted/needed to feel really, really comfortable in order to pull the trigger.  We always stayed in contact, but instead of every day, it became once or twice per week since our bustup.  I loved her and am sure she loved me.  From the first time I ever saw her in Cyprus
everything clicked, physical attraction, chemistry, just an attraction on every level.  She was the 4th girl I had met, and having found what I had been looking for, stopped looking.  I was comfortable doing it this way, although some do the casting call approach.  I let her down the best and most friendly way I know how.  I'm not devestated or depressed, and I made the call months ago.  And as I said before, I'm much more educated.  Lead with your head, your heart close behind, blend the 2 processes into a decision you are comfortable with, and hang on for the ride!

Jack
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: At least you gave it a solid eff..., posted by Globetrotter on Jul 30, 2004

Well Globe, it seems you do have your schit together. You went about this in a good, slow, effecient manner. You met what you thought was the lady. In the long run, it didn't work out, as you said, you just weren't prepared to pull the trigger.

You let her down easily which I commend you for. I was thinking this came as a bit of a surprise to you but now I see it is what you had intended to happen. You knew she would begin to look elsewhere and she did.

John K
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm Gone Too......................., posted by Globetrotter on Jul 30, 2004

Best of luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: