Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 11:35:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's up with anastasiaweb.com???  (Read 5401 times)
MRB2112
« on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

OK. So, I had gotten away from the whole FSU bride thing quite a while ago. Then, out of the blue I get this email from anastasiaweb.com telling me that I have new email waiting for me.

So I go to their website and check my mail. Sure enough there are three emails from FSU ladies waiting for me. I go to read one, and I get the "you've got to pay for that" screen. Out of curiosity, I pay and read the emails. The emails were generic, and I think were sent to several people at once.

While I'm on their site I realize that I actually have a "profile" there, which gives the ladies a page to look at, just like us guys look at them. So I decide to update my info - as I can't even remember putting the info in the first time. It must have been a while back.

Anyway, after updating my profile, I get 20 more emails in a matter of a couple days. I haven't purchased the ability to read them, but this makes me curious. What do you guys know about this?

Of course, I'm not a complete schmuck, I see that this is a money ploy by the website. I just wonder if any of these emails are legit.

Later,
Tom

PhilMo
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What's up with anastasiaweb.com???, posted by MRB2112 on Aug 12, 2004

Same thing happened to me this summer (receiving message saying I had email replies) and I hadn't used the site for about 1 1/2 yrs.  But when I first started on the site in early 2003, I received in excess of 200 emails which the majority were just a ploy to get me to pay to see the replies.  So I only used the site to contact girls that I was interested in.  And during my spring trip to St Pete in 2003, I met one.  So even on these megasites that suck the cash out of your wallet, there are legit girls.
WestLife
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What's up with anastasiaweb.com???, posted by MRB2112 on Aug 12, 2004

Tom,

May I ask you a question? When you first write to the lady what do you write in this letter?
I think it is also about your life in general.
In Russian culture it is not common to speak about the personal things to a stranger. Maybe some American guys write more detailed letters but this is due to the cultural difference only. For example, I can tell you from my own experience of communicating with American people - if I ask them “How are you doing?”- in response I can get something like “Fine. I woke up at 8 o’clock, then I took a shower and had a breakfast etc”. If you ask a Russian girl the same question she will never answer this way. It is just a fact that we should accept, that’s it. We, Russians and Americans, have many things in common but still are different. Russian people are much more reserved.
That is why the lady would prefer to write in her first letter about her city, hobbies etc.
It only depends on you whether she will let you in her own world or not Smiley Also, it is a matter of time.

MRB2112
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What's up with anastasiaweb.com???, posted by WestLife on Aug 18, 2004

Thanks to ALL for the good responses and advice. I know it is a form of scam, I just wanted to hear the inside track from the "been there, done that" crowd. At this point I consider it an expensive entertainment - much like the lottery. I paid for 4 credits. I doubt I will buy anymore.

Now if AnastasiaWeb was smart they would charge a monthly unlimited fee. If they had done that, it might have taken me a couple months to figure out how stupid I was - or in nicer terms to decide that this was an expensive form of entertainment.

WmGo: good to see you're still around. I seem to remember that you were a "voice of reason" here when I used to read this forum everyday.

Thanks people!
Later,
Tom

BrianN
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Man it's hard to believe you actually posted this considering your experience level.  

What you paid for was a bit of entertainment, just like many of us may have done in the past.  Nothing wrong with it of course, as long as you realize that you need to think and spend wisely, (and very logically) when considering which emails to open.  Many of them will be legit, but the best measure when considering the pay to play way, is to remember what you NEED in a mate, not what you want.

This method of madness costs money, just like everything else. Just don't look back in disgust later on and hate yourself for paying to play when you don't find anything that works.  I know people that pay a lot more than 5-10 bucks a spot for lottery tickets every day and love themselves for playing... and losing.

And yet, there's people on this board that will chastise you for paying to open the first one, and yet they play the lotto in their state like a religion and lose every week.

Do what feels right.  Ignore the bs.  Just use some smarts when it comes to your budget. Who knows, you might actually hit the jackpot :-).

WmGo
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by WmGo]

thievry.

The wisest practice is to never
open unsolicited email on that
site - or on any of the pay per
view sites.

The only thing that Anastasiaweb,
Introglobe, etc. is good for is to
initiate a contact shortly before a
trip over with a woman that *you* pick
out. In order to verify the bona fides
of the lady you need to request her phone
number in your second or at least third email.
If it is not forthcoming then you know the reality.

Two rubles and one kopek from Gloryland.

tim360z
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

What do you think?  Think with the big head.
AnzoNevis
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I've got a profile on the site also. Some, maybe a lot, of the emails are
undoubtedly legit. The fun is you get to figure out which ones are legit and
which ones were sent by well meaning agencies to find guys for their ladies
and which ones are just there to churn up $. There really is no way to know,
other than when I get a response from a 19 year old cupcake who wants a
guy up to 34 years old (I'm 48), or it is a photo I saw 3 years ago in the
Anastasia mag or on the site, I don't bother to read it. I signed up for
(another) Anastasia tour and they gave me around 120 credits. So it is mostly
daily entertainment. I've deleted a bunch and I still have 300 letters I haven't
read (in 3-4 months). I've never responded to any of them. I much prefer to
go over and look around than have pen pals.

Anzo

Bobby Orr
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: What's up with anastasiaweb.com???, posted by AnzoNevis on Aug 12, 2004

I thought you switched to the Latin girls?  Why do you want to go on an Anastasia tour?
AnzoNevis
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to What happened to the Latin girls?, posted by Bobby Orr on Aug 12, 2004

Well, hey, you're over here aren't you? : )  I was married to a Russian for 7
years, and engaged to another (twice). And I date, off and on, 2 ladies in
Columbia. Can't say I exactly switched. Honestly, I prefer the Russians overall.
Heck, I love both groups of ladies. I've been on an Anastasia tour (St. Pete, 2
years ago, where I met my former fiance). And I've returned a bunch of times
to St. Pete.  Also been on 3 TLC tours, and a cheapo BAQ tour. No complaints
with FSU ladies, except the actual travel.  Will probably go again. maybe on a
tour, maybe not.  It's just so much easier to pop down to Columbia or Panama
for a long weekend than the overnight flights, visas, etc. I plan to go to
Nikolaev in October to meet a lady I'm writing to. I usually post on the Latin
board because I visit LA more often. Regards,
Anzo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: