Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 29, 2024, 03:20:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Concerns regarding Internet Cafes  (Read 3778 times)
T P Cornholio
« on: June 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Similar to Al's post on ATM cards, I am wondering if anyone has had at least concerns, if not bad experiences, over Internet Cafes using keyboard trackers to glean user/password info?

We will be in Ukraine for 3 weeks and I need to check my e-mail every few days to keep the spam down (even with spam blocking), but also to keep tabs on various things.

I can access my e-amil account without the cookies or access info being stored, and using IE or Netscape I can delete history/cache/etc, but wonder about keyboard trackers?

spaseeba droogs

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Concerns regarding Internet Cafes, posted by T P Cornholio on Jun 18, 2004

I wonder if you can go download something like spybot or some other freeware program to remove the keystroke tracker program.  I am worried I have some spyware on my home computer now.  I have to enter my password twice now when I sign into some sites.  That only happened after I picked up a trojan horse last week.  My virus protection software said it removed the program but the problem remains.
wsbill
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Concerns regarding Internet Cafes, posted by BubbaGump on Jun 20, 2004

called Pest Patrol.

Get zonelabs.com firewall and Pest patrol.

NW Jim
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Concerns regarding Internet Cafes, posted by T P Cornholio on Jun 18, 2004

What about a Hotmail account that you would temporarily forward your main e-mail to while on vacation? That way you get the mail from your main account forwarded to the Hotmail address w/o having to log into the main account. When back home, stop the forwarding. Might not work w AOL.
raenman
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

TP, this happened to me when I was in Kiev in Feb. I was using an internet cafe off of Kristatik(not correct spelling), the main drag. I cannot remember the exact name, all I remember was there was a fast food place upstairs and you went downstairs to the cafe. There was also a Blues Club downstairs, maybe someone on this board will know the name of the place.Anyway I paid to use the computer, and they were all in a circle. I tried to use the internet, and the computer was acting funny.I would sign on and after about 2 mins it would kick me off. I tried for about 15 minutes. As I was by myself, I could not communicate with the clerk.Frustrated, I left and never went back. Imagine to my suprise when I came home a week later and was on the internet and was kicked off by my screen name from another location! I hurried and changed my password, inforformed aol. I dont think there was any damage( at least none that I can tell), But the potential to be ruined was huge!!!  
   BE VERY CAREFUL! The idea about a laptop would be the safest bet. If I ever go back, that will be the way I go.Best of luck, Ray.
Lynn
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Why not pick up a cheap laptop to take with you? Beats the heck out of hoofing it to the P.O. or a I.C.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: