Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 12:56:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Snake in the grass  (Read 4178 times)
zack
« on: June 15, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi everyone,

I'm from the Latin board. I just thought I'd give you all a heads-up about a Russian lady snake who is probably victimizing another man as we speak. Her name is Mariya Popova. She lives in Tyumen, Russia, and she is a real man user.

A friend of mine, who is new to the foreign bride scene, met her on the internet and exchanged about a dozen emails and pictures with her. She claims to speak fairly good English. He wanted to call her but she said that she doesn't have a telephone. She claimed to have a travel visa that needed to be updated, so he agreed to have her come and visit him here in the USA. He told her that when she arrives here, he would pay for most of the airfare expenses. Well, she flew to Moscow (so she said) to have her visa paperwork completed, which took a few days, and then planned to fly to the USA. She emailed him while in Moscow and said that her stay in Moscow is longer and more expensive than anticipated and she needed 600 dollars to complete the process. He sent her the money thru Western Union.

I'm sure that most of you can finish the story. She took the money and ran, and he didn't hear from her again. Yes, I know it was foolish to send money to a woman he has never met nor spoken to. That is not why I am telling you this. I just want you all to know that if you ever encounter a woman named Mariya Popova on the internet or in person, don't just walk, run!! She is a real snake. If we don't help eachother, who else will?

Zack

Albert
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Snake in the grass, posted by zack on Jun 15, 2004

I love these punch lines.
Wish I could do some business with your friend.
tim360z
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Snake in the grass, posted by zack on Jun 15, 2004

The snake lady can only exist because men are fools.  Too bad the internet wasn't around when PT Barnum was.  But, a sucker born every minute still works just fine.
thesearch
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Snake in the grass, posted by tim360z on Jun 15, 2004

Question:

You are corresponding with a Lady for 6 months and have talked to her on the phone at least 12 times with an interpreter. You set up a plan to meet her in a neutral location in Europe. You purchase a ticket for her that she can not cash in. Then she e-mails you and tells you at the last moment that she has found out that she needs money for two things. One is that she must travel a day a head of time to Kiev and stay the night in a hotel and needs funds for that. She also tells you that she has been told that she has to have at least $500 dollars on her person to prove that she has the finances to pay her way upon arrival to another country. Do you send her the $600?

MarkInTx
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Question, posted by thesearch on Jun 25, 2004

Well, her requests are not out of line...

Viktoriya had to have $50 per day for every day she was in Warsaw, for instance... Though, $500 seems a bit excessive... how long is she staying?

But... why would you choose to go to a neutral location? You're not negotiating an arms treaty...

Although she MAY be telling the truth... why chance it? Meet her in Kiev. It's a wonderful city, and probably far cheaper than anywhere else you will go in Europe...

So, no... I wouldn't send her money... I would change my plans...

IMHO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: