Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 09:25:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mailing airline tickets to Russia  (Read 3777 times)
davet
« on: June 03, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Has anyone had experience mailing airline tickets to Russia.  We bought tickets for my wife's father for a trip to the US.  Unfortunately we had to have the tickets delivered to us (credit card requirement).  Now we have to mail the tickets to my father in law.  
1. What about customs?
2. What do you declare?
3. Best method to mail (we used USPS in the past -- Global Express or something -- worked fine, somewhat expensive).
Thanks for any info or comments.
Dave
davet
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mailing airline tickets to Russia, posted by davet on Jun 3, 2004

Sent the tickets via USPS Express.  Got to Ulyanovsk in about 7 days total. Cost was $23.  2nd time I've used USPS Express. Happy with results both times.
Mike
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Mailing airline tickets to Russia, posted by davet on Jun 3, 2004

When I flew my wife she had no problems picking up her tickets at the airport in Moscow, we used Delta. Try calling the airline and see what they suggest as far as wiring the tickets. If not use UPS or FedX.
davet
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Mailing airline tickets to Russia, posted by Mike on Jun 9, 2004

My father in law is flying Aeroflot (cheaper, direct to Seattle, everybody in their organization probably speaks Russian).  The down side is that Aeroflot does not seem to know about electronic tickets, etc.  We have called them in Moscow.  Therefore we were stuck with paper tickets and the problems associated with them.  Delta would have made it a lot simpler but then he would have to arrive in NYC, negotiate the terminal without any English or experience to catch his flight to Portland or Seattle.  And the trip would take 2 times as long.  My wife took Lufthansa last summer for her visit to Russia and they probably would have had e-tickets as well.  However they were very expensive this year and they stop in Frankfort where again he would have to negotiate a huge terminal.

Sending the tickets.  He lives in Ulyanovsk which sometimes does not have the UPS/Fed Ex services that Moscow and other big cities have.  (About 3 years ago the UPS office was robbed and burned.  They discontinued service for a while -- maybe they still don't have service.  Even when they had service the office was impossible to find for my wife who has lived there for 35 years.  It was truly a hole in the wall.) Therefore we went with USPS Express mail which we used last year to send my wife's Russian passport to her.  The service went well last year and we are hoping for the same success this year.  

RickM
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

What airlines?
Thy sould be allowed to print copies from a pc or at the airport counter if you or they ask for it once paid for and numbered.
Frank O
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Mailing airline tickets to Russia, posted by RickM on Jun 5, 2004

I would say if you already spent money on the tickets just fork out about $50 to $80 & have them sent Fed Ex or UPS. On the part where it states "item being sent" or something like that simply mark "documents".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: