Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 05, 2024, 12:17:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Card Lottery (DV Program) new scam?  (Read 2397 times)
Ryan
« on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

My friend in Russia writes today about getting an E-mail with the following information enclosed...  Anyone seen this yet?

Dear Olessia,

The American Immigration Bureau, Office of Visa Application Processing, is calling you to use your right and win a legal Green Card to live and work in the United States of America.

Olessia, We have noticed that you did not yet complete your application. You have a good chance to live and work in the USA with this program all you need to do is Click here and complete the payment information to be included in the American Green Card Lottery - Year 2003.

You should know that statistically one person out of every 70 applicants wins the American Green Card Lottery every year.

This is not a dream

THIS IS REAL LIFE FOR 50,000 PEOPLE, JUST LIKE YOU, EVERY YEAR.

Green Card Lottery (DV Program) Is The Official USA Congress Law

Complete your dVapplicä and keep your special price

In case you have any questions, use our online helpdesk at: http://www.visax.com/helpdesk

50,000 New Americans Every Year

50,000 people from all over the world will be the lucky winners of the American Green Card Lottery - and you Olessia, can be one of them.

Completing your application is done online and requires 5 minutes of your time. Don't miss this great chance to live and work in the USA, simply Click here and you might be one of the lucky winners of the American Green Card Lottery - Year 2003.

Important

If you already completed your registration for next year Green Card Lottery, please ignore this e-mail.

Problems?

If you can't click on the above link, please cut and paste the following web address into your browser: https://www.visax.com/masterssl/dp.asp?u=21766453&p=HK613  

Sincerely Yours,

Dan Gold

dVapplicä Program Director

Office of Visa Application Processing

Operated by visax.com

A division of

American Immigration Bureau

1 Marine Plaza S211

North Bergen, NJ 07047, USA

Fax: +1-201-854-2272

www.visax.com

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL

Privacy notice:

This electronic transmission may contain privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any claim to privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken transmission of this information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this transmission immediately and notify the sender. Thank you.

Want to remove your details? Click here to unsubscribe.

JR
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green Card Lottery (DV Program) new scam..., posted by Ryan on May 6, 2003

TESTING
Cold Warrior
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Green Card Lottery (DV Program) new scam..., posted by Ryan on May 6, 2003

[This message has been edited by Cold Warrior]

the green card program is for real. However this particular letter is a scam as they ask you to pay to register. There are hundreds of companies like this that ask you to pay to submit your details to the INS. The green card program is completely free and you can register yourself.

for more info see

http://travel.state.gov/DV2004.html

Stan B
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Its for real. They let in 50,000 ppl every year with this free pass. Someone my wife knows won it a few years ago. We have her family apply for it ever year too. You never know, after all someone has to win.
On another note, how are you doing? If my memory serves me you met someone and were going to visit once more before bringing her over.
Ryan
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to nope, posted by Stan B on May 6, 2003

I figured that this was a scam but I have not seen it before.  I passed along the information.

Olesya and I are doing well.  I have visited her two times now and everything is perfect.  She has changed my life and for the better.  We are starting the process for the visa, Olesya is getting better and better at English everyday as she is taking classes and we talk on the phone one time a week.  She will be learning how to drive soon, as I am getting her a little beater car so that she can learn to drive in Russia first so that she is more comfortable.  It was all my idea as I would also want a car when we visit Russia in the future.  

Has anyone here purchased a home in Russia?  Does anyone here have a summer home or something in Russia?  Just wondering about some of the detail involved is all.  

THanks again,
Ryan

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: