Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 08:26:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great news..  (Read 2368 times)
UnitedNut
« on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Just realized the other day that I've never posted anything about my Russian lady friend on here!

Oksana and I met by accident about 2 years ago while I was working on an international marketing project.  I needed to hook up with a Russian lawyer to get legal advice.  She was fresh out of law school working for a small firm dealing with international clients.  She handled the paperwork and moderated conference calls.  She speaks English better than most American's I know!

Anyway she got a scholarship to a law school here in the states last August and is graduating in a couple of weeks!  She takes the Bar Exam in August.

The upside is that we've been able to keep in touch very easily and get together a few times (primarily school holidays) over the last year.  Downside is Law School is a major bear and she has not had really any time so socialize.  We pretty much decided last year to just be friends and date other people.  Happy to say that we're very good friends.  

I can't tell you how proud I am of her.  She had to make some huge sacrifices to come to this country to study.  Her family was very supportive of her and she had a great circle of friends at law school.  Not sure what she's going to do after she passes the bar.  With her brains she should do very well.

Just wanted to share!

Bobby Orr
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Great news.., posted by UnitedNut on May 9, 2003

The only good lawyer...................
Charles
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Wasted Mind, posted by Bobby Orr on May 9, 2003

Now, Now, Bobby.  Just remember, there is only one lawyer joke.  The rest of them are true.
hockeybrain
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Wasted Mind, posted by Charles on May 9, 2003

I forgot you are in the minority for your profession - and we do need a few good ones like yourself to clean up the rest.
slimjimco
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Wasted Mind, posted by Charles on May 9, 2003

but I tell people that they are not easy to tell that they are lawyers because they do not have gill slits in Russia.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: