Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 06:38:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My trip plans in ? big opportunity...  (Read 6267 times)
Frank O
« on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I know this is not exactly forum related. But I had just purchased my tickets to leave to Ukraine on June 3rd. Well today I received a phone call from Jennifer Pena's musical director. They want me to audition for the band & start a tour with them the weekend of the 24th!!! Anyways I DON'T know if I'll make it but I have to say & have a DEFINATE shot at it. I'm not a slouch on the guitar. I just never had a chance. I once turned down another big offer & my ex wife nearly killed me for turning it down. Well, I have to AT LEAST audition for this even if I DON'T get it just to get it out of my system. I would have to quit my job at the store & cancel all my lessons (I have 52 students). But I would travel all over the world & get paid pretty good from what they said. Above all I would be doing what I enjoy. The interesting thing is they only gig on weekends. Friday's, Saturday & Sundays. Go home then resume. So I guess I COULD have a semi normal family life. If I DO get it I don't know what the girls will think. Then again the road life can be pretty interesting.
BrianN
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My trip plans in ? big opportunity..., posted by Frank O on May 10, 2003

Michael B had the best response on this imo.  It comes down to love of ones-self, vs love of another.  (Come on Oscar, where's your professional opinion eh?  lol!)

Most folks will feel more confident getting their own act together before they venture off to the wild blue yonder (ukraine/fsu) than going there having to make hard decisions, 'with her, or without her', etc ad-nauseum.  It ain't fun having a lot of complications in a personal relationship when it comes to time and space to be together with them and then 'yikes'... uh, sorry sweetie, but I'm going on a celeb swing with a group all over the place and maybe i'll be back in six months or whatever.

Settle your professional life first, then carry on with the personal one to avoid hurting someone.  It ain't no fun carring the guilt later on.  

I dragged my own fiance over the last year or so of my own professional life's complications and she's been there for me 24/7 from afar, but it's been the most difficult thing I've ever done, and I don't even want to think about what she really feels in her frustrations because of delay after delay.  It really makes me feel like a true bozo cause I tried to play too many sides of the fence at the same time, all the while knowing that she only had one fence to sit, waiting for me to get my act together.  And for this, I'm truly grateful, and lucky.

Fix thyself first.
jmho.

Good luck

Philb
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to yikes, posted by BrianN on May 12, 2003

I hope things are going well with you and Lena.
BrianN
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good to see you post again, posted by Philb on May 12, 2003

Wonderful.

We've had some serious logistical problems, but they were all mine, and we're rolling with the punches well.....

Love's great when it works.

Thanks.

Cold Warrior
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to My trip plans in ? big opportunity..., posted by Frank O on May 10, 2003

Go for it. You need all the exposure you can get. BTW my favorite Mejicano is Luis Miguel, also Juan Gabriel and anything by Aljeandro Sanz.
wsbill
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Never heard of her.  Fill us in.
wsbill
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Who is Jennifer Pena ?  One of the D..., posted by wsbill on May 10, 2003

And as you probably know, MTV doesn't exist.  They use to play music videos all the time, now they play dumb reality game shows.
Cold Warrior
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Who is Jennifer Pena ?  One of the D..., posted by wsbill on May 10, 2003

you could be making big money installing Bulletproof glass and kevlar armour to cars. Check out these prices,almost 3 times the original price.

http://blackarmor.com/Cars_Index.htm

wsbill
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to hey Bill......, posted by Cold Warrior on May 11, 2003

Looks like used car lot for Iraq gov't.  Maybe if they advertised in Russian they'd sell these cars a little quicker.

Never R&R bullet proof glass, as they probably scrapped the car when the glass failed, to big of a mess inside I suppose.

Michael B
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

http://www.jennifer-pena.com/Jennifer.html

(No, I'm not trying to be smart, I don't think she has a site in English)

Michael B
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Who is Jennifer Pena ?  One of t..., posted by Michael B on May 11, 2003

[This message has been edited by Michael B]

Oh, so it does (have English)---the one I knew about is all in Spanish, made by her 'number one fan' (I guess said fan has permission to do it), I didn't realize she had an 'official' site too ....anyway, between the two sites, wsbill ought to figure out who she is and what kind of music she does.

opps, meant this a a reply to UnitedNut, not as a reply to myself...oh well.

UnitedNut
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Who is Jennifer Pena ?  One of t..., posted by Michael B on May 11, 2003

http://www.jenniferpena.com/  (Has an English version)
Scaught
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I know you know that opportunities like these are rare and can lead to even bigger things (like being able to put out your own music eventually-- I assume you write). For most musicians I know, the music comes first-- always, and they need a partner who understands that this is not a career choice, it's a "calling."

I'd try out and hopefully get the gig. That would be my priority. It might mean putting serious pursuit of FSU gals off for a while, but like you said, life on the road can be interesting Wink If you come home for three or four days a week, you could keep a core of your students and still give lessons.

*Warning* Unabashed Self-Promotion Follows: By the way, I write music and my new song is perfect for Jennifer. Latin percussion, romantic, breezy, nylon string guitar solo. I'd love to pass a cd of it on to her.

Michael B
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

Trying to remember your case---did you have a particular lady who is counting on you to show up or were you going 'just looking'? If the later, no question about it, there will still be plenty to look at after the music tour. If a particular lady is waiting for you, tell her about the gig (great opportunity for my career etc. etc.) and see if she will wait for you....if she does, EXTRA points for her, if she says 'no' (which is well within her rights, BTW), well there will STILL be plenty availble after the tour. If she says 'yes' but DOESN'T wait, don't loose any sleep over it, you've simply eliminated one who says one thing and does another and therefore wouldn't have worked out anyway.

In other words, go with the music tour (good luck to you) and make your trip to FSU afterwards.

PS...get me some tickets, ha ha.

PSS...when you finish touring, you'll get just as many and even more students back, I'm sure touring with a top notch act doesn't do your teaching reputation any harm.

John K
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

How will this impact on your travel plans to Ukraine?

As far as the girls go, it will give you 4 days a week you can spend devoting to them, as opposed to a few hours of each day if you worked a "normal" job.  Also, why can't you take them with you once in a while?  A road trip out with them might give them some excitement.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: