Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 12:57:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys (Gals), I Need Some Help - AOS Interview  (Read 5907 times)
Dan
« on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

I am in urgent need of some assistance. If anyone kept a copy of the INS letter scheduling your AOS interview, could I ask that you fax me a copy?

When Olya and I went to the interview last June, we failed to keep a copy of the letter - and the INS officer took the original, hence, we don't have a copy.

The letter I am speaking of is the one that schedules the date for both you and your wife to appear for Adjustment of Status. It normally results in your wife receiving a Conditional Permanent Resident card. I need to confirm the exact wording in the letter.

My fax number is 303-265-9384 - and I *really* appreciate any assistance offered.

Thanks!

- Dan

Charles
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Guys (Gals), I Need Some Help - AOS Inte..., posted by Dan on May 13, 2003

Dan, when I get home tonight I will see if we have kept a copy and will fax it to you.  However, notwithstanding the requirement that requires your attendance, your presence is necessary to convince the officer that you have a bona fide marriage.  Your absence is compelling evidence that one does not exist, so if you can't make it you should do whatever you can to reschedule.
keithandkatya
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Guys (Gals), I Need Some Help - AOS Inte..., posted by Dan on May 13, 2003

I just had my aos interview recently and I was ready to jump to the rescue Dan but then I remembered they kept our letter... we were told to bring the letter with us... we gave it to the security officer at his request-- who I assume gave it to the INS rep. and that was the last I saw of it... I wish I would have kept a copy for myself... as I guess you wish you did... so you guys out there... do it now!!! MAKE Copies!! and thanks to everyone out there who is a resource.

Keith

T P Cornholio
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

(start table)
NAME AND ADDRESS:
ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER:
DATE:
(end table)

(small font) Please come to the office shown below at the time indicated in connection with an official matter.  Please place this appointment letter in the tray located at counter five(5). Do not wait in line. Do not take a number at the front counter. An officer will retrieve your letter and call you by name to process you for your petition for alien relative.

(start table)
OFFICE LOCATED AT:
(address)

DATE&TIME:
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS FORM I-485
(bold) BOTH PETITIONER AND BENEFICIARY MUST ATTEND THE INTERVIEW.

ASK FOR:
PERMANENT RESIDENCE INTERVIEW SECTION EXAMINER: 2

BRING WITH YOU TO COUNTER FIVE:
This letter with your passport; Your alien registration card, Re-entry permits, your receipt and any other Immigration documents in your possesion. If petition is based on marriage to a citizen of the United States or permanent resident, bring eveidence of co-habitation and commingling of fiancee's such as: rent receipts; Bank statements; Utility bills; Apartment lease or Home mortgage.
(end table)

(small font, bold)
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU KEEP THIS APPOIINTMENT, BRING THIS LETTER WITH YOUR (sic) IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO KEEP THIS APPOINTMENT, STATE YOUR REASONS BELOW AND SIGN RETURN (sic) THIS LETTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU ARE SEEKING TO CHANGE YOUR NAME, YOU MUST PRESENT AN ORDERS (sic) FROM A STATE COURT SHOWING THAT YOU HAVE LEGALLY CHANGED YOUR NAME. WE WILL NOT RESCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS EXCEPT FOR BONAFIDE EMERGENCIES (VACATIONS, BUSINESS TRIPS ETC... DO NOT CONSTITUTE EMERGENCIES). IF YOU FAIL TO KEEP THIS APPOINTMENT AND YOU FAIL TO NOTIFY THIS OFFICE PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED DAY OF APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPLICATION MAY BE DENIED FOR LACK OF PROSECUTION. IF YOUR PETITION IS FILED ON BEHALF OF YOUR SPOUSE AND YOUR SPOUSE IS IN THE UNITED STATES, YOUR SPOUSE MUST ACCOMPANY YOU TO THIS INTERVIEW. THE INTERVIEW MAY BE VIDEO TAPED. IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, PLEASE BRING SOMEONE WITH YOU THAT CAN SPEAK BOTH YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH.

REASON:_________________________

SIGNATURE: ______________________

(name & signature of regional director)

(etc.)

Dan
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wording is exact.  Yes, petitioner must ..., posted by T P Cornholio on May 13, 2003

I really (truly) *need* to have a copy on INS letterhead. Would it be possible for you to make a copy of yours - then black out all personal information - and THEN fax it to me?

I sincerely apologize for asking this. If I didn't absolutely NEED it, I wouldn't ask.

If you are able to help, I'd greatly appreciate it. More than you will know.

- Dan

T P Cornholio
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks TP - However . . ., posted by Dan on May 13, 2003

And, maybe, you'll get it tomorrow.  :~)

Dan
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to So, email me the fax number., posted by T P Cornholio on May 14, 2003

It should be in your In-box by now.

And thanks again!

- Dan

Dan
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

If anyone has a link to ANY discussion or reference pertaining to the consequences of failure by the husband to appear at the AOS interview, I'd be VERY interested.

Thanks (again),

- Dan

Bill P
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One More Thing . . ., posted by Dan on May 13, 2003

Hey Dan-

I didn't copy the letter they sent me and they took it when we appeared for the interview.  But here is a link:
http://www.kamya.com/aos/
Look under the section called:
Adjustment of Status Interview Letter

There they say: "If you are applying for permanent residence based upon your marriage to a United States Citizen/lawful permanent resident spouse, your spouse must appear with you and bring a valid photo identification (issued by state government authorities). Be prepared to present evidence that you and your spouse live together in a husband/wife relationship (i.e. long form birth certificates of children; evidence of joint finances; joint tax returns; rent receipts; joint ownership of property; photos; etc) "

Hope this helps.

-Bill P

Cold Warrior
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2003, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Try this, posted by Bill P on May 13, 2003

http://www.widomaker.com/~dgwilson/interview.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: