Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 09:33:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Message to Oscar  (Read 15749 times)
Jack
« on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Oscar, I know how you are about trying to save money. You have three days left in which to marry your Russian fiancee if you want to deduct her on your 2002 taxes!
Oscar
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Message to Oscar, posted by Jack on Dec 27, 2002

First time I have been able to stop by the board since before Christmas!  Man, it's been busy around here!  I still want to post about her Embassy experience, just haven't had the chance, but I will soon..

Later,
Oscar

landscaper
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Message to Oscar, posted by Oscar on Dec 27, 2002

the very best of luck to you and new family oscar.
Oscar
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by landscaper on Dec 28, 2002

toma
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Message to Oscar, posted by Oscar on Dec 27, 2002

Oscar

Please do post about the Embassy soon. My fiancee has got a January 14th appointment and your info will be invaluable.
                      Thanks

MarkInTx
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by toma on Dec 28, 2002

Congrats on your interview date...

Are you going to the interview? Is it in Warsaw? (I posted my experience a few weeks ago...)

toma
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by MarkInTx on Dec 28, 2002

No,I can't go to Poland right now...busy season for the company I work for no vacations or time off till Feb.1

Do you know of any posts that speak of the type of questions they ask in the interview??
                                TomA

MarkInTx
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by toma on Dec 28, 2002

Yeah... I mentioned the questions they asked us in the post I made after we got back from Warsaw.

Only one that caught us by surprise was they asked her if she knew why I had gotten divorced.

Other than that they asked her what I did for a living, how we met, how many times we had met in person, and that was about it.

It's not a "hard" interview... it's mainly just waiting. But, I have heard that the interview goes faster if you are actually there with her, so I really don't know what it will be like her going alone...

Oscar
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by MarkInTx on Dec 28, 2002

Well, my girl went alone and was asked 3 questions.  Her interview was all of 2 minutes.  But perhaps it had something to do with the fact that they already had all our paperwork before getting to the interview?  I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not, but my girl seemed to feel this somehow expedited things..
MarkInTx
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by Oscar on Dec 28, 2002

By the time your girl was at the interview, and we were, the consular had exactly the same information in front of him.

Get over it already...

Oscar
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I doubt it, posted by MarkInTx on Dec 29, 2002

[This message has been edited by Oscar]

Actually Mark, quite incorrect.  Your girl BROUGHT her info with her, mine was there for weeks.  So since you really don't have a clue and neither of us will probably ever know exactly how the embassy views it, why don't you just attempt to "get over it" since you really haven't any idea one way or the other.

Fair nuff??

Oscar
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Message to Oscar, posted by toma on Dec 28, 2002

Not to worry Tom, my girl said it is absolutely no big deal!  She had no problems whatever and said it was very simple.
Sorry, but we are off shopping right now, and between that and cooking, video games, huggin' and kissin, family get togethers (everyone wants to meet them) and work, it's just been crazy!
But I will post a long report in the next day or two, ok?
;-)

Later,
Oscar

PS, if you look at the Doc Steen website (I think it's listed here on the left side of the board somewhere) it lists the most often asked questions at the interviews.  
My girl said her interview lasted all of about 4 minutes.

Oscar
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

LOL! Sorry Buddy, I have close to 3 months to work on this relationship and although things are progressing  beautifully, this is too important a decision and I would never let something as unenduring as a "tax deduction" for one year, influence my decision.. hardly important in the overall scheme of things, wouldn't you say??  ;-)
Jack
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Jack-, posted by Oscar on Dec 27, 2002

Absolutely I agree. The 90 day period allowed by INS regulations is a very important time between two individuals in getting to know each other. Most American men and Russian women may have been able to spend a total of two or three weeks with each other prior to her arrival. Not a great amount of time to really get to know each other in my opinion. How any man, why any man, would marry his fiancee in the first week of her arrival is just something I would never recommend any guy to do. Take these 90 days, at least 60 days, two months as a minimum, to really get to know this woman that you had only spent a couple of weeks with. Maybe some things about the man may surface that the woman does not like. Maybe some things about the woman may surface that the man does not like. When considering that you are hoping to spend the rest of your life with this woman, it just makes sense that one should use this 60 to 90 days time period (as oppossed to 6 to 9 days) to really get to know each other.
Griffin
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

to increase his chances of marrying the best?  :-)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: