Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 03:37:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agency Policies...  (Read 16050 times)
Zoidberg
« on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi everyone... I am new here, well not so new as I have been
reading this for awhile. I enjoy all the info you guys share. Thanks
because this info is helpful to us newbies.

I had something that just happened to me that I'd like to share
with all of you.

I know the reply rates of many of these women from these
agencies are not that great. I understand some might like a guy
and may not respond while she see's what will happen... Or she
is just not interested anymore and forgets to pull her profile or an
agency will refuse to pull her profile even though she requested
it. For you agency owners what is your policy on this? If a girl
requests to get removed will you do it?

I have been writing a girl for a little over 3 months now. Things
seem to be going good and I am going to go over there in early
spring. She was on a few different agency sites. Recently she
told me she asked to be removed from the sites. I did not ask her
to do it and I do not mind if it stays up because we have not met
yet. I understand that meeting is the most important no matter
how good the letters and phone calls are. So some of the agencies
did remove her profile as requested. One in particular refused to
remove her profile saying she has to show she is getting married
before they would do that. Do these girls sign contracts saying
they have to get married and can't change their mind before being
removed? This agency is a big one and I will not name them on this
board. I understand they want to make money but why would you
want a girl on there that doesn't want to be on there? What if the
girl just doesn't want to look anymore? Does that mean her profile
will be there forever for people to buy even though she became a
nun and is no longer looking? Smiley  Are they doing this just so they
have the most women on their site?

I also just got a letter back that I sent out months ago. It had an
interesting letter with it. This girl I wrote got married a few months
before I even bought the address. She informed this agency a few
times to remove her profile even before she married but they
refused. Even after she married they let the agency know and she
is still there as of today... Now if a girl doesn't want to write me
after they read my letter and see my picture....oh well....we can't
have it all.. But to sell me an address to a married woman that they
know about is downright fraud. I had good reply rates for the
women I wrote but this one really surprised me.

Zoidberg

tim360z
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Agency Policies..., posted by Zoidberg on Dec 28, 2002

the word "honesty" is just plain ridiculious.  In most cases "honesty", as we know the word,  is a very rare commidity to agencicies that turn alotta bucks off of a photo and a "profile",  hundreds or thousands off some photo of some girl.  Guys standing in line to pony-up $10 or so to write a letter to some nebulous, nanescent girl.  Who may or may not even exist???  This is nuts.  They just want your money.  

If you are really hot to marry an Fsu girl.  Just go there.  Forget all this stupid correspondence junk and just go there...its that simple.  Most of these agencies are just out to fleece you....its your money.  Quit writing letters and just go there...blow a couple grand on that and not "addressess".  Some girls get hundreds and hundreds of letters.  Ya think they are really interested in another letter writter...get real.

Jack
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to To somehow confuse agencies with, posted by tim360z on Dec 29, 2002

Tim, Tim, Tim. As someone who I have exchanged e-mails with over the past couple of years, and someone I have enjoyed the exchange of ideas with, I have to say I have to respectfully disagree with the advice you are giving.

I think if you deal with honorable agencies, if you develope a well written first letter of introduction, if you have these letters hand delivered or worse case sent via registered mail (thus greatly reducing the scam factor and finding out quickly if a lady has interest in you), that writing letters to ladies you are attracted to will help to improve the overall effeciency of each man's trip.

Writing letters helps to build your base of ladies. Running of personal ads, visiting locally owned honorable marriage agencies, will also help. But to say "just go" leaves so much to chance and you are totally relying on luck. HeIl Tim, if your going to rely on luck might as well run to Las Vegas and see if there are some Russian ladies there!

tim360z
PS
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to (*/*), posted by Jack on Dec 29, 2002

But buddy,  you really must admit that some photos on the internet are a very good revenue stream for some of the "operators" over there. Some are "clever".
tim360z
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to (*/*), posted by Jack on Dec 29, 2002

Sincerely,  I really should have clarified my thoughts...but getting home at 2AM and that extra glass of red wine...don't know.  Left alot out.  Unbalanced at best.

I know you're an honorable guy and you have good solid ethics.  Many of the FSU internet site operators however...are not.  We both know that.  I don't think many agencies here or there exhibit your business ethics. Period.  I would recommend you with pleasure.  

Yes,  it is possible to cultivate an introduction or a friendship by letters and phone calls.  I've done it,  but alot of weeding out to do.  But for the marriage minded guy that should be followed-up with by meeting in person.  Thats the most important thing...face-to-face.

Agencies and quasi-agencies...just alot of sharks out there...don't you think?  But, there are good ones,  like yours. How many would you personally recommend out of the thousands out there???  Maybe 10 or 20?  Or less?

With the rise of the internet there are so many scams being run daily that its an excellent idea to use a good agency like yours.  I don't think too many are of your caliber.  

Again,  my apology.  My post was erratic.  Cheers, Tim

Jack
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My Apology Jack..., posted by tim360z on Dec 29, 2002

You are very much correct with your overall statements.

If you buy addresses from a scam agency, you will get scammed, might as well just go on your own as to paying some scam agency! I see your logic with that line of thinking.

ChrisNJ
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to To somehow confuse agencies with, posted by tim360z on Dec 29, 2002

I was browsing the other day and came across a photo that looked familiar.  Sure enough she was on the cover of an EC catalog from 4 years ago(ya know how they always put the smokin hot ones on the cover). Same picture.  I guess she hasn't aged a day in that time huh.

I bet she's generated about 40k for various agencies over the years.  And she still hasn't found her 2nd half.

Zoidberg
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Agency Policies..., posted by Zoidberg on Dec 28, 2002

I reread my post and there was a mistake in it...

I wrote...."agency is a big one and I will not name them on this board."

Sorry... that was meant to say "I will not name them on this board right now because I am waiting for some more info..." I was in a hurry and I did not go back to check what I posted so shame on me.... So the agency I was refering to that did not remove the addresses is AFA.

Guess I better start shopping for flame retardant underwear while visiting here... Smiley

Zoidberg

KenC
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Agency Policies... OOPS.... , posted by Zoidberg on Dec 28, 2002

Zoidster,
Welcome to Planet "Love".  LOL.  I didn't mean to jump your sh!t, but it just seemed odd that you looked as though you were protecting the agency that wasn't removing the profile.  As a newbie here, it will not take you long to figure things out.  The single best suggestion you will get is to read through the archives.  There is a wealth of information to be had by doing so.  There is much to learn Grasshopper.
KenC
BTW, where in SD are you?
Frank O
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Agency Policies... OOPS.... , posted by KenC on Dec 29, 2002

Yes, I too have learned quite a bit in this forum & just got back from my 1st trip last month. I haven't done a trip report as I'm a little hesitant due to me getting slagged a couple months back & things getting so bad as people referring to my lady as a "prostitute" simply because she had done some "modeling". Anyways just eat the meat & throw away the bones. Good luck Grassmoker.
Zoidberg
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Agency Policies... OOPS.... , posted by KenC on Dec 29, 2002

Hey KenC,

Thanks! For a second I thought I'd have to buy the super duper flame retardant underoos! Smiley No problem about the posts. I made a mistake in my post and it won't happen again.....until the next time... Smiley I have been reading all the archives any chance I get. There is a lot of good info.

I live in Paradise Hills and work in Pt Loma. Where do you live?

Zoidberg

KenC
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Agency Policies... OOPS.... , posted by Zoidberg on Dec 29, 2002

n/t
Rags
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Agency Policies... OOPS.... , posted by Zoidberg on Dec 28, 2002

Top of page, on the right right. Welcome to the board!

I tried to get my wife's profile removed from AFA for almost two years (she went to one of their socials and they took the liberty to use her profile info). Her profile also got broadbanded on the black market after she left the agency she was listed with as revenge for her leaving.

Her mailbox was litterally overflowing for months. Twenty months later it's slowed to 1-3 a week. Do the math, that's a chunk of change at $10 a pop.

I hunted down those agencies that I could and usually got results after about three months (average) but it took some pretty nasty emails.

I finally just gave up and feel bad for those guys buying addresses. I wanted to get the letters and write back to let those guys know that they had been fleeced but my fiancee (at the time) didn't want me to. (Of course, I abided by her wishes Smiley

Buyer beware. Know who you are dealing with. Check the blacklists. Honest agencies are few and far between.

Some people have had success buying addresses but I think that most of those guys who have been down this road would advise against it. The odds are just not in your favor.

P.S. Feel free to pass on any info that you have regarding agencies, good or bad... (naming names).

Zoidberg
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Or you could edit your post  Wink, posted by Rags on Dec 28, 2002

n/t
Rags
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks Rags! EDIT POSTS doh! Smiley n/t, posted by Zoidberg on Dec 29, 2002

They can only be changed within the same day.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: