Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 10:25:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Babushka visitor visa? Our experience and ???  (Read 6443 times)
Bill P
« on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I wanted some clarification of discussions below.  It was mentioned that visas are multi-entry and good for one year but that stays were limited to 30 days.  Were these visas from Russia or Ukraine?  on the Kyiv consulate web site (http://usinfo.usemb.kiev.ua/visa_faq_USstay_eng.html) it says single-entry visas are good for 1 year and multi-entry visas are good for 5 years.  They say maximum stays are now set at 30 days unless a longer period is requested.  I can tell you that my wife's mother from Ukraine asked for 3 month stay on her single-entry visa in July and was granted the visa.  They actually wrote in her passport that she had requested 3 months and the officer at the port of entry stamped her passport with an expiration date of 3 months.  If we had asked for longer, perhaps she would have gotten a longer period to visit.  I also read the discussions on the board about visas from Russia now being made multi-entry by default when they raised the rates to $100.  

So does someone have experience with Ukrainian visas?

Also, they state on their web site what American citizens can do to help someone get a non-immigrant visa: (http://usinfo.usemb.kiev.ua/visa_faq_ushelp_eng.html)

[Helpful letters of invitation should include an explanation of the inviting party’s relationship with the applicant, what the applicant plans to do during the visit, the applicant’s intended length of stay, and what the inviting party understands the applicant's family, economic, and overall situation in Ukraine to be. Evidence of the inviting party’s legal status in the U.S. (a copy of a U.S. passport, INS certificate of naturalization, legal permanent resident card, or U.S. visa) is also very helpful.]

I had not thought of sending documents proving my citizenship and her immigrant visa status.  We quickly sent off these documents to my wife's mother just before her interview and the immigration offical told her that the documents were most useful.  By the way, my mother-in-law came to visit for 3 months with no problems.  We hope that both of my wife's parents can visit next time.

-Bill P

Stan
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Babushka visitor visa? Our experience an..., posted by Bill P on Dec 30, 2002

Thanks for the good info Bill. We want to bring Tanya's mother back to Wisconsin with us this summer after we visit. I had just planned on a few extra days in Kiev applying for her visa with her while I was there to help with the proccess. I see no reason why she would be denied,, she's 72 years old and has 3 in the grave and 1 on a banana peel,,, She only wants to see "America" and where her daughter and grandson live, She could hardly walk away from INS,, let alone, run! Which brings up another question; Has anyone here got health insurance for their in-laws while they were here? And if so, from who? I asked my independent ins. agent and they never heard of such a request. I've still got time, but I like to plan ahead,, especially when dealing w/ INS and the Kuchma Government  Smiley
Thanks in advance,
Stan
Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Babushka visitor visa? Our experienc..., posted by Stan on Dec 30, 2002

Stan, Just go and buy travelers medical insurance. At any largr agency or better yet on the web.
Rags
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Babushka visitor visa? Our experience an..., posted by Bill P on Dec 30, 2002

Apk1
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Thank you for your post, we will be trying in a few months also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: