Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 10:25:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High expectations  (Read 58215 times)
yoe
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Its been my experience, too, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

we just prefer things different that what TJMax has to offer-even though I do buy underwear there.
She laughs at all the Polo Tommy toters who think there hot stuff. You will never see a logo on our clothes-unless it is my speedos..Smiley My wife is very familiar with style, ediquette and trends-I am more rough around the edges, but I will never buy American shoes again.
Joe
ps neither one of us were born rich...we bother worked our butts off to get what we want out of life
BURKE89
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to me and my wife have traveled a little an..., posted by yoe on Jan 2, 2003

your class warfare lesson.

Vaughn

MarkInTx
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to me and my wife have traveled a little an..., posted by yoe on Jan 2, 2003

Oh... well.. that explains it

yoe
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to TJ Maxx?Huh, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

I would go there before Saks anyday-even though we do get colognes there and some things during specials. We also either go to outlets or buy online. I have no desire to pay retail..My DKNY underwears smell just as pretty for $8 as they would for $16. I would never buy a new car-other than a BMW. I like to drive new cars but leasing is the only way I can do it. When I lived in the Metropolis, I just drove rent-a-cars..So to each his own. But you were on the other side of the world, I do not have to make much of a case on American Style versus Eur-a-peein...
Joe
BURKE89
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to We actually like TJ Max...., posted by yoe on Jan 2, 2003

you. If you wish to buy your "DKNY speedo's," from TJ - well... that's your choice. I respect that element of your character. I buy my "boxers" at Price Club; so, I certainly understand your frugal nature.

Stand strong - Stand proud!

Vaughn

MarkInTx
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Never allow others to insult..., posted by BURKE89 on Jan 2, 2003

Now I have this image of Yoe in speedos!

Thanks a lot!

BURKE89
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for that, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 2, 2003

Now, you be kind to Molly's lil' lad! He, obviously, means no harm to anyone.

Shame,shame...

Yoe's buddy

MarkInTx
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to por nada..., posted by BURKE89 on Jan 3, 2003

Molly?
BURKE89
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Molly?, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 3, 2003

MarkInTx
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ivins. n/t, posted by BURKE89 on Jan 3, 2003

n/t
Philb
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to You take the best from both worlds, posted by Pordzhik on Jan 1, 2003

He must be taking her to the wrong stores.  I have to say my experience is as you describe.
yoe
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Not only that, posted by Horoshij on Jan 1, 2003

I will bet that within one year of being in America, your wives have contacted more acquaintances that you know-living here all of your life. This may be a bit of an exageration but it show the cultural differances. Americans do not seem to have this necessity to communicate with ones neighbors...From what I know in Eastern Europe you cannot keep your neighbors away...
Freedom has many faces---freedom to be alone!
Joe
ps I feel that this feaks a lot of guys out. They are already paranoid and then their fiances start talking Ruskie to all of these other 'Russians'-what's going one. Well no need to worry I already told you-altimate integration and then assimilation to the New Socalist Order
MarkInTx
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Not only that, posted by Horoshij on Jan 1, 2003

You take a woman... throw her into a new country where she barely speaks the language...

she has none of the cultural history of the country, so she doesn't understand much of the humor, or pop culture...

she only knows the history that she was taught in the Soviet schools...

you take her 7000 miles away from her freinds and her family...

She has to learn a new way of life. Everything she thought she knew how to do (just about) she needs to relearn...

the way she shops, the way her child is taught in school, the way she celebrates holidays...

After all of that... are you really surprised that she gets homesick?

It's not an indictment on the American way of life, as much as it is that if someone leaves their home and family, they will miss it...

Horoshij
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's not so strange, posted by MarkInTx on Jan 1, 2003

Hi Mark,

You are living in Texas? In my search more than 3 years ago I met a lady from Yekaterinburg named Rita. For one reason or another she chose a man from Texas and moved to Dallas or close to. Don't remember exactly. He had a very good income, she told me. Well, this fellow had shift work, and was away most of the day. He had some kind of work in an airport, and Rita was alone most of the day. After they had married on Hawaii, he had a welcome party for her at home where he invited all the neighbours, and that was it. She didn't get any contact with them, and she spent the days alone with the computer. Her husband had few friends and his family lived another place. She sent me some emails and told how lonely she was. Her only activity was to water the flowers. I told her she had to be patient, she needed to learn the language better, and I suggested she could talk to her husband about attending some schools for studing and learning to drive. However, everything was very expensive, her husband told her. Later I realised that she also had continued to stay in contact with a man from Holland, and in the last letter to me she said she had decided to move to the man in Holland. Then I lost contact with Rita.

Maybe this explains a little.

Haroshij

MarkInTx
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It's not so strange, posted by Horoshij on Jan 1, 2003

It explains nothing for me... though it maybe explains why Rita felt so lonely...

My situation is quite different.

I work from home, and so am here almost all of the time with my wife.

She tells me all of the time that she is the happiest woman in the world. She doesn't feel for one moment that she has made a mistake...

But if we could go to Kiev tomorrow, she would be happier still.

These are not contradictory things.

She is here because of me. But if she had her druthers, she would rather have me with her and her family and her friends.

There is nothing to explain. I think it makes perfect sense...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: