Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 27, 2024, 07:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fiance Visa Question  (Read 7946 times)
rickmoe
« on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Once a lady arrives to the US, is there any procedure for extending the 90 day period in which to make a decision to marry? Are there any other possible tactics by which to delay this decision?
Thanks

Rick G

Mike
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fiance Visa Question, posted by rickmoe on Dec 17, 2002

My cousin is married and he waited until his 90 days were almost over and he could of easily waited past that date sense he is filing adjustment papers past the 90 day mark. Go to visa marriage baded news group and post the question "my wife and I are getting married and she has overstayed her visa by 2 or 3 months, what will happen to her? You'll most likely see from those that know the answer that nothing much will happen. Then post a question "my friends got a girl here that is going home and she over stayed her 90 day visa by 89 days, will she be banned from re-entry? and again you'll probly get answewrs saying nothing will happen to her, but if she goes over the 180 day mark she will receive a no re-entry stamp in her passport.

Mike

jrm
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Send her back a week or two before the original 90 days are up. She returns to the embassy with $45/photos and with the assurance that she and you will marry when she returns(before the original 90 days are up) When she returns to the USA, the INS officer will give her another stay,probably 90 additional days. Then you will double the time you know this woman before you take the BIG leap. It is rarely done, but I know it works.
jrm
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

test
Globetrotter
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fiance Visa Question, posted by jrm on Dec 18, 2002

You Passed!
RickM
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

for her to overstay...
One look at that "overstayed stamp" in her passport and she'd never get another visa to travel anywhere again from a Consular abroad...
Mike
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Rick,
as I've heard from many people that keep themselves updated with INS matters that after the 90 day visa expires they actually have another 90 days to leave before they will receive any type of re-entry ban. (180 days in all)

Mike

tfcrew
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fiance Visa Question, posted by Mike on Dec 18, 2002

I have seen on this board even recently, status adjustment (AOS) razz upon those who DID marry within the alloted time of the fiance visa.
Scrutiny is paramount in this matter.
We here,(in Dallas)  know this Belarus family (not k-1 visa) up the street that..the father failed to "re-up"..(re-new status to unconditional)..
still paying lawyer bills !
So, who gets to slide?
Mike, you're married and out of Columbus..and the INS folks may be cool there.
Check the guys in Miami whose office might not be so..
Karl
Mike
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Playing this by ear.., posted by tfcrew on Dec 18, 2002

The re-entry ban is placed on them when they leave the country, as for marrying a women here that is not suppose to be here they are safe once they file for adjustment of statis.(sure they can make the paper work a real pain) There are many who marry mexicans and file the I-130 and I've never heard of anyone being deported after this. I know if I married a girl that wasn't suppose to be here you would see me on CNN creating havic for trying to rip my family apart!

Mike

KenC
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Playing this by ear.., posted by Mike on Dec 19, 2002

Mike/Karl,
There is a hidden catch to marrying a woman hat has "been out of status".  The INS will issue an Advanced Parol which on the surface allows tha woman to travel outside the US and be able to return.  Reality is that the woman could be denied re-entry, even with an AP, is she was ever "out of status".
KenC
rickmoe
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fiance Visa Question, posted by Mike on Dec 18, 2002

(nt)
f12phantom
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Nope! I tried to do that and called several attorneys who all said "No Way!"
tfcrew
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by tfcrew]

At the end of 90 days, it's back to Europe.
However, you/she may re-apply for another fiance visa.
Re-entry is a very good chance providing there was not an "over-stay" on the first visa.
Karl
Globetrotter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Expiration of visa...only other option, posted by tfcrew on Dec 17, 2002

That's a great idea...90 days then back home, then back again if you still feel the same way.  Plus, you will already have done all the paperwork.  Just change the dates.

Only costs are double air fare.

Oscar
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: