Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 08:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: INS will be kaput in March-  (Read 1951 times)
Oscar
« on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

This was probably already discussed here but if it was, I didn't see it..  I heard on National Public Radio tonight that the INS as we know it will no longer exist come this next March.  All those responsibilities will be taken over by Homeland Security.  The people on the program were rather worried about it because they felt that the number one priority will be security and they feel certain that long delays will be of the lowest priority and they will be horrendous!  

I don't know if that will be the way it will come down or not, but that was the opinion of those on the program..  Not good news for guys just starting a search for a gal.

Yeow!

tim360z
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to INS will be kaput in March-, posted by Oscar on Dec 17, 2002

other factors at work.  Jr. Bush's homeland security dept will certainly be a very big inept mess.  But, America elected 'em all that approved the whole sheebang and we do deserve what we all elected.  However,  in the State dept,  there are cooler,  more professional heads at work and that is how we classify and categorize countries.  With the great warming of relations between Putin and the USA..I don't think things will be all that grim.  We have moved into the geo-political sphere of allies with vested mutual interests and I don't expect Russians to occupy the bottom 3rd of preferred countries.  Like Syria.  With the new political orientations I would fully expect the relations of the US and Russia to warm-up.  In truth,  we need each other,  and both parties realize it.    Visa's and such are set by the State Dept and not by the INS...and I expect our US-Russian relations to continue to thaw.  This process does take some time to implement,  but just look at the progress made in 5 years.  Personally,  I see nothing to worry about...but there will be early bumps in the road.  It will be a beaurucratic mess.  But,  I expect things to improve in regard to K-1's etc. for Russians.  Syrians,  not likely.
tfcrew
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to INS will be kaput in March-, posted by Oscar on Dec 17, 2002

...the old US Post Office went on strike. The government had the Army sort and deliver the mail. The strike as a result,  only lasted a week or so as I remember.
The INS does need re-construction, but bolting on a head reeks of FRANKENSTEIN !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: