Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 09:27:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hotels in Moscow ????  (Read 1671 times)
Griffin
« on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

It looks like the most comfortable way to get my wife and her daughter from Taskent to Houston is to first fly them to Moscow, let them stay there overnight, and then fly to Houston the next day with a connection in Frankfurt.

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel in Moscow, preferably near the airport.  Also, I know when I went to Warsaw last year there was an agency (I think some sort of government sponsored tourist agency) that I went through and got room rates much cheaper than those available to my travel agent.  Is there something similar in Russia?

davet
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to hotels in Moscow Huh?, posted by Griffin on Sep 25, 2002

Right at SVO-2 airport is a Hotel SVO.  It's about 1/4 of a mile from the terminal, an easy walk.  The rate was about $60 thru one of the online places you mentioned.  It was fine, not luxurious or anything.  Across the highway from it was the expensive hotel -- I've forgotten the name though.
RickM
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: hotels in Moscow Huh?, posted by davet on Sep 25, 2002

The other hotel close-by airport is the Novetel.Very nice but very.very expensive...Maybe 160 a night???...
Griffin
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Jack
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Griff, if you want her staying close to the airport davet's suggestion towards Hotel SVO is probably the best choice and she will probably be quoted a competitive rate, probably this $60 figure or less.

Griff, mark your calender for next July or August and we will meet you, new wife and family, at our fourth annual Galvaston Beach party!

Griffin
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: hotels in Moscow Huh?, posted by Jack on Sep 25, 2002

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: