Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 01, 2024, 07:43:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fiancee questions . . .  (Read 1715 times)
Ramblin
« on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I searched the archives but could not find that recent post (by Jack I think it was) listing the places in Moscow that give medical exams.  Can anyone tell me where that post is?

When do I need to submit the affidavit of support?

Can I get my fiancee a work permit (EAD card) before we are married?

After adjustment of status she will be a permanent resident, what is she before that just a nonimmigrant visa holder?  And how long must she be here and of what status to not have to pay the higher tuition at a community college?

Is it a good idea to teach our future children to speak Russian?

Has anyone gotten a fiancee visa from the Moscow Embassy since July?

What questions are asked at the interview?

davet
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to fiancee questions . . ., posted by Ramblin on Sep 25, 2002

1. The list of approved medical facilities for Moscow interview is listed on the Moscow embassy web site.  There they have the name, address, phone, nearest metro stop, approximate cost, etc.  Presumbably it is the latest information

2. Affidavit of support -- at the visa interview and with the AOS papers.

3. EAD - no idea

Questions at the interview - I posted them for a March interview -- should be archives.  If you can't find, I will try to find and post again.

Good luck.

JR
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: fiancee questions . . ., posted by davet on Sep 25, 2002

"""""2. Affidavit of support -- at the visa interview """

The web site says that the I-134 is not needed anymore, unless I am reading it wrong Smiley)

Apk1
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: fiancee questions . . ., posted by JR on Sep 25, 2002

For Moscow embassy, the I-134 was "not" needed a year ago when I went through the process.

You will need to file the I-864 (financial support)with her AOS submittal withen 6 months after marriage.

As far as the interview in Moscow...piece of cake, she does not need to speak English if she prefers Russian. The papers needed from you are your financial proof you make more than the min. poverty level, she will need to bring a few pictures of the two of you togeather that were "not" submitted with your petition.

Good luck

Stevo
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to fiancee questions . . ., posted by Ramblin on Sep 25, 2002

/Can I get my fiancee a work permit (EAD card) before we are married?/

EAD card...no.  But she might get a temp work permit upon entry into the USA depending on where she comes in and if the INS guys are still handing out permits.

/After adjustment of status she will be a permanent resident, what is she before that just a nonimmigrant visa holder?/

She's just an AOS pending without a valid visa (which CAN play havoc with getting other things like an SSN, driver's license, etc.). When you file for AOS, make SURE that you also apply for AP and EAD.  With the EAD you can definitely get an SSN card and with that a driver's license.

/Is it a good idea to teach our future children to speak Russian?/

Absolutely.  It is ALWAYS a good idea for your children to learn other languages, and esp. one that is spoken by the parent!

/What questions are asked at the interview?/

Things like:  Was your fiance ever married before?  Is he divorced?  What does he do?  How did you meet? Does he have children?  Questions to verify that YOU told your fiancee everything and that show some level of familiarity between you.  My wife told the interviewer that she didn't know what I did...something with computers (he really didn't care too much).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: