Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 08:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tour vs. Going Alone  (Read 4314 times)
newtoscene
« on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Tour vs. Going Alone

I would like to get you guys input on tours to Russia.  Are they worth it or is it better to make contacts yourself with prospective women (via e-mail, mail, then possibly phone) and then go over and visit them in the FSU.  The advantage of going on one of the agency tours seems to be that people who speak Russian and know the country are helping you out and you get to meet numerous different women (one agency claims the ratio is 20 women to every man).

Currently I’m just testing the waters of the FSU scene.  I placed an ad on Anastasiaweb.com and I believe that site is run by Anastasia Agency (www.russianbrides.com).  Within two days I had some 65 different responses and most of the women seem to meet the criteria I had put down in my ad.  Because it cost money to open and respond to all these ads, and over time it could cost a lot to keep e-mailng several prospects (the site charges you by how many e-mails you open and send) and I started thinking about going on tour.  Also, the prospect of getting lost, not speaking the language, or not meeting up with the few women you have been contacting seems to make the tour option a good one.  If I go on a tour it might 1 to 1.5 years from now because I don’t want to rush into anything, I want to save some money, and gather as much info as I can.

More specifically, I would like your opinions on the Anastasia Agency (www.russianbrides.com).  Is this agency as good as they say they are?  They claim there will be 20 women for every guy, 50% or more of their clients come back engaged, and that are very careful in screening the ladies (i.e. meaning that if they say that have a college degree, have not been married, and don’t smoke then it is the truth).   That last part is the one that worries me the most – how do you know if the woman you are interested in is truthful.  Should one also hire some sort of PI to make sure or can you trust the agency if they have a good reputation.

Well I have many questions and would appreciate any advice I can get.  I have been reading through this forum and it appears to be the best one on the net.  Thanks.

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by newtoscene on Sep 25, 2002

I wrote a lot on tours last year before I got too lazy to write.  Basically tours do not work out as well as you think.  You sit in a big room staring at 100 women you don't want to meet because they mostly pretty mediocre.  Then you see somebody you want to meet but she may be going to another guys table or you have some girl at your table already.  After you finish with the first woman you can't find the one you wanted to meet because she left the room to look through catalogs.  I was talking to so few women at one social that a couple of girls just sat across from me staring right at me saying bad things about me (I presume).  Socials are socially awkward especially if you are timid.  

I think socials are good for beginners but they are a more expensive way to go.  A lot guys have not traveled the world a lot and they would be nervous venturing out on their own.  Tours give you a chance to talk to other guys trying this out and gives you an idea about who tries this international dating out.  Some guys are weird but most are just regular quiet guys with pretty good incomes.  Tours last about 10 days or more so it wipes out most of your vacation.  

I don't think tours are that great for initial contacts unless you've been writing the girls already.  Socials have a lot of agressive girls that will keep you from meeting the nice ones and they have ways of discouraging the others.  They'll grab you and encourage you to dance with them in front of the other girls.  They will get you at the end of the social and put their arm around you so other girls are discouraged from coming up to you.  If you see a girl you want to talk to on the way to the rest room, invite her to your table right away because she might not be there when you walk by again and you may never see her again until she walks out the door.  

Start writing girls within 6 months or so of going over then go to where you have the best opportunities.  Good luck.

Do a search on "basics" or "tour basics" and see if you can find some of my posts from last year.

don1
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Opinions vary . I wasn't comfortable with the tour idea , went alone , and I'm glad I did . I figured that if I went on a tour and met a lot of women it could turn out to be more input and information to process than I could digest in a short period of time . I didn't trust myself to make a smart decision while in the company of a few dozen supermodel babes ; was afraid that my hormones would make my decisions for me . But a lot of guys here like the tours and have had success with them , I just didn't think it was the best way for me . I think that you're doing the right thing by not rushing into it , taking your time with it , learning what you can about it before you commit yourself . There's a lot of good discussion on this topic in the archives ; take some time to read through the archives and you'll find a lot of answers to a lot of your questions.
Good luck in your search
Don

MarkInTx
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by don1 on Sep 27, 2002

I don't think I have seen a post in the past year that has been complimentary of tours.

Maybe not even in the past year and a half.

I think that tours are dated now... filled by women who are professional daters, or professional something else's...

thesearch
/
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Heck,

If you are not thinking of going for 1.5 years, you should not even be writing to anyone IMHO -- only investigating.

The only way to figure this out is to GOOOOOOO.

Tell these ladies the truth that you want to correspond for a year and a half before you decide to come over and see what happens.

My recommendation is to go with a tour like Jack's at FirstDream for your first trip. Or, if not that, choose a locality and write to many women there. Next, get it down to about ten ladies. Find an interpreter in the area who will take care of your needs. Again, you might be able to use Jack from FirstDream to set this up for you. His fees are very reasonable.

In six months you should on that plane!!!! If not you are just messing with these ladies IMHO.

That is why I am not writing to anyone right now. ----  Not until I am committed to another trip.

Stevo
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to /, posted by thesearch on Sep 27, 2002

ggg
newtoscene
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to /, posted by thesearch on Sep 27, 2002

I think your right that 1.5 years might be to long.  I just don't want to rush into anything.  Perhaps a year or less.
aussie
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Hi,
  As Mark said the tours are just not worth it.I visited a social when i was in Moscow and my interpreter happened to know a guy who was working on the door and he told us not to waist our money.He said most of the girls are either proffesional daters or prostitutes.It can be a good idea to just go it alone but i think it is very important to aquaint yourself with an interpreter/guide in the town you are going to visit that isnt associated with the agency that you are using.When you have made the decision to go and you know which town you are going to I am sure someone on this board will have been there and can recommend a good Interpreter for you to organise accomodation and look after you while you are there.
newtoscene
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by aussie on Sep 26, 2002

Thanks aussie.  That's good advice since I was worried about going alone to a country where I don't speak the language.
snowwego
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I went alone and on my own the cost was cheaper and much more rewarding. Here is a couple downfalls one, If you do not get along with the girl you are stuck, two there could be a language barrier, three and most important there is always that chance that the girl could be a scammer and when you get there you could lose everything including your life.  I took a chance on my girl for I had been writing her for a long time. The good things about going it alone is that you will be able to relate to your girl more personally and be able to express yourself better and you will get an inside look at her life and not see the good things only. I would go alone again. Now as far as the girls meeting your critieria if you look at all the adds of girls you will find many girls will meet it. The girls over there have the general idea that we like sports , travel and pets. (There are lot of girls that can not write english and have someone respond for them which meets american needs) They will also say they will be by thier man. Which is for the most part true. thats my $.02. Rick
newtoscene
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by snowwego on Sep 26, 2002

thanks snow ego.  I'm thinking that on each trip I might use an interpreter and see say 3 girls, not at one time though.  One thing I have been wondering is if there was anyway you can do a back ground check on any of the ladies you are interested in.  I know in the states you can get a lot of info on a person just by getting their drivers license number.  I was wonderind if there was any way to do that in the FSU, not using the DL necessarily, perhaps using an PI.
MarkInTx
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Opinions vary.

My feeling is that a tour is not worth it.

Maybe a few years ago they were. But today they are simply filled with "professional daters" and I wouldn't trust ANYONE I met on a tour.

First Dream runs a tour a little bit differently. I'm sure if you contact Jack, he can fill you in.

But I would DEFINITELY stay away from any "big money" tour.

Even the guys who used to like them admit that they ain't what they used to be.

It seems like an idea who's time has come and gone...

IMHO

newtoscene
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by MarkInTx on Sep 25, 2002

Thanks for your input Mark.  From reading this board and another RW borad I'm beginning to think that go it alone route, so to speak, is better.  I guess I should now start looking throught those 70 plus e-mails I got in response to my ad.
newtoscene
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tour vs. Going Alone, posted by MarkInTx on Sep 25, 2002

Thanks for your input Mark.  From reading this board and another RW borad I'm beginning to think that go it alone route, so to speak, is better.  I guess I should now start looking throught those 70 plus e-mails I got in response to my ad.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: