Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 12:28:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Background check.  (Read 5940 times)
newtoscene
« on: September 26, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

Background check.

O.k. I’m thinking ahead.  Lets suppose after communicating with several ladies via e-mail, and possibly phone, that I finally narrow it down to two or three candidates that I want to go visit.  During the weeks or months of communicating I have learned a lot about their life, perhaps their job, schooling, whether they had been married before, etc. – from what they tell me.  Is there anyway to do a background check on someone in the FSU?  I know that in the states you can get a lot of info on a person by just getting their drivers license number.  Is there anyway that this can be done on someone in the FSU, not by getting the DL number but perhaps by using in PI.  Has anyone used a PI on done some sort of background check on any FSU lady?  Her being very honest with me is very important.

Apk1
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Background check., posted by newtoscene on Sep 26, 2002

The whole system is corrupt...How would you know if you are not being scammed by the investigator you hired? How would you know that he would not make up some story to get more money out of you?
From what I hear from my Russian wife, it is probable they will contact your girl to coerce money out of her or her family if they find a discrepancy in her background check.

Not to mention the worst scenario...she has a clean background and she finds out you are spying on her...distrust is not a good start for a relationship.

You need to remember that your fiance will need a police report for her visa interview. This police report is a background check to see if she has been arrested for a crime, which will deny her the k-1 visa.

newtoscene
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to It could be dangerous..., posted by Apk1 on Sep 27, 2002

I did not realize that about the k-1 visa.  That is a good way screen her background perhaps.  I think I would want to visit her where she lives, her work perhaps, and her family before I get serious.  I will stay away from anyone who tries to rush me into marrying them.
Oscar
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

First, I think "narrowing it down" to just 2 or 3 ladies is not a good approach, but that is my opinion.  I think you should plan on meeting at least 8 or 10 women that you are looking forward to meeting, but different approaches for different guys..  Some go to meet one, some 20.

Background check?  I say don't waste your money.  Having someone you don't know and cannot be sure to trust to check out a woman you like is kind of crazy to me.  
There can be no substitute for meeting and spending lots of time with a woman, which will tell you much more.  But be smart- meet all her family and friends, spend lots of time around them.  If you do, you will pick up on things like how she treats them, how they really view her etc.. They can't put on an act forever.  As they begin to relax, you will begin to see the real dynamics between them.  Ask her AND her family and friends LOTS of questions.

I am sorry but just like the rest of us here, you must be willing to pay your "dues" in this endeavor, and the "dues" mean gaining personal experience with these women and the culture etc..  You really can't just pick one out on the internet, have her "checked out", signed, sealed and delivered to you!  You must put in the time and money necessary to gain your own "experience", scam proofing yourself in the process..

My 2 cents

dexion
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Background check., posted by Oscar on Sep 27, 2002

never said my way was for everyone..
but for me, it worked great.
talk to them. Over and over and over and over. Ask them questions over and over and over. The cream will rise to teh top..
Oscar
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Background check., posted by dexion on Sep 27, 2002

dexion
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

FOr what it is worth, I corrisponded with about 50 women for a period of time before narrowing it down and then down and down etc. It was very easy to tell who was for real and who wasn't.
dex
newtoscene
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Background check., posted by dexion on Sep 27, 2002

Your approach sounds interesting dexion.  Can you give me a few pointers about how you could tell who was for real?  I don't consider myself gullible, and can usually tell when someone lies to me, but I would appreciate your adive.  Thanks for your input.
MarkInTx
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

You're over thinking this...

Why is it more important for you to know if your Russian girlfriend is lying to you than it would be for you to know if an American Girlfriend was? (Or do you regularly get background checks on ALL of your dates? )

I know what's happening... You've read some of the scam stories and you're (rightly) nervous about them.

It's good that you've educated yourself.

Now... RELAX...

Take a deep breath, The waters have sharks, yes, but as long as your not bleeding, they'll leave you alone...

Scams almost always happen to stupid or desperate men.

You will know if the woman is honest. Or as honest as any other women you've met. If you take your time, and don't force things, you'll be fine.

Save your money. You don't need no stinking background check...

aussie
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

got to  www.allrussian.com
newtoscene
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Background check., posted by aussie on Sep 27, 2002

aussie have you used this service or know anyone who has?
aussie
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Background check., posted by newtoscene on Sep 27, 2002

I dont know anybody who used it,I just came accross it.
tfcrew
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Background check., posted by aussie on Sep 27, 2002

..so, how do you check to see if these "Russian lawyers" are on the up & up?
My point...when does scrutiny end and  sensible descretion begin?
Zink
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Your $90 worth..., posted by tfcrew on Sep 27, 2002

I thought it was a bad idea to sick some scumbag onto someone I was interested in. My friends in Russia don't need people knowing that they are in close contact with a foriegner. Not only could the PI be less than reputable, they could be down right dangerous. I trust the police in Russia less than I do the couple of mafiosa that I've met. I don't want either near somebody that I like.
newtoscene
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Your $90 worth..., posted by Zink on Sep 27, 2002

From the site is seems that these guys are lawyers who dig through public files not really PI.  If what they say is true it is just a very preliminary check and no snooping.  It just 90 dollars and if what they come up with does not jive with what you have ascertained from meetin her then you could take for a grain of salt so to speak.  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: