Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 10:20:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: www.scanna.com  (Read 3666 times)
edwardb
« on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

does anyone have any info and/or experiences with www.scanna.com? Thanks.
Ramblin
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to www.scanna.com, posted by edwardb on Sep 27, 2002

There is one big problem with Scanna:  On many of the ladies, if you add their age listed to the year of their birthday you will come up with 1999.  Yes, many of the ladies profiles and photos listed in their database are 3 years old.  And not only did I see about a dozen like that with a quick check just now, but in the past I saw a lady on there with the same profile and photo and same age that was listed two years ago on another web site, (her print out was at the bottom of my desk drawer and it was definitely the same)so I did not need to know her birthday to know that it was a two year old listing.  If they would just keep their listings current then they might be an o.k. agency but I decided not to use them a long time ago because they are selling very outdated addresses.
MarkInTx
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to One big problem with Scanna, posted by Ramblin on Sep 28, 2002

That I only go back a few "books" when looking. Their older books are outdated. But if you only choose the women from the boks from the past 6 months, you should be OK.

And... if you find that the woman has moved on, they will give you credit for more addresses.

I think that the problem you mention is true of EVERY big agency. That's why the credit and refund is so important...

MarkInTx
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to www.scanna.com, posted by edwardb on Sep 27, 2002

Yes, I used them.

I thought they were pretty professional, and they do try to keep their addresses free from scammers (though it is a battle...)

I bought a ladies address from them once, and then had FirstDream deliver flowers to her. She treated the person who delivered the flowers very rudely (wouldn't come to the door either... hmmm... wonder why...?).

When I told Scanna, they apologized and gave me three addresses free.

So, I would say that they are a reputable agency.

Any agency can have a scammer... what you are looking for is what does the agency do when they find out...

Ramblin
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: www.scanna.com, posted by MarkInTx on Sep 27, 2002

I agree, about how an agency can have a scammer but what is important is what they do when they find out.  So I can say that Romeo and Juliet Agency and A Pretty Woman Agency did not care when they found out about greedy money scamming scammers on their sites.  The scammers are still on their web sites.
Patrick
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to When the agency finds out, posted by Ramblin on Sep 28, 2002

Did you provide them with details on how the ladies scammed, or attempted to scam from you?  They may be giving the ladies the benefit of the doubt in the face or little, or no information on the incident.

Anyone wishing to report a lady to an agency for scamming should include all the details of the incident, including emails or letters asking for money, etc. if you have them.

Maybe you did that and these agencies just ignored it.  But if you didn't provide any details of your accusation, then you should write to them again explaining exactly what happened.

Sometimes a guy thinks he was scammed if he takes a lady out and she chooses an expensive restaurant and then doen't go out with him anymore.  Somtimes they send a woman money for internet expenses and she then loses interest.  Sometimes he may have given her expensive gifts and she then lost interest.   These are the kinds of things that may, or may not be scams and I would expect most agencies to give the ladies the benefit of the doubt on them unless it's reported by more than one man.

Sometimes it's more certain and the agency should remove them right away.  We just had an incident where a woman was engaged to a man in our service.  He gave her an engagement ring and was back in the States when she asked him for money for English classes which I knew were out of line with reality.  She also asked for money for her apartment since she had lost her job and would be evicted.  She also had not contacted us to have her personal ad removed after she got engaged.  We sent out an extra email update to her asking her to report any changes in her status (they go out weekly on an automatic schedule).  When she didn't reply to that, it was obvious that there was something going on so we canceled her personal ad and sent warnings to the five men who had purchased her address.

We had another guy who wrote to say that a lady was asking him for a cell phone.  Turned out that he offered to buy her one so they could stay in closer contact and then changed his mind.  When she got angry with him and stopped talking to him, he reported her.  When we contacted her, she fowarded his emails showing how he had made the offer (and they were written in perfect English).  We did not remove her ad because what she showed us was more substantial than what the man had shown us (which was nothing).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: