Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 10:32:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post editing now working  (Read 2170 times)
Patrick
« on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Patrick]

No doubt there will be some bugs found as it's used by more people, but it appears to be working now.

Posts may be edited only on the same day they are posted.  All date stamps are based on USA eastern standard time.  If you happen to post a message at 11:59PM and then try to edit it one minute later, the editing will not work.

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Post editing now working, posted by Patrick on Sep 27, 2002

I had a few posts I really wanted to take back.  Now we can make our critics look foolish by saying what are you talking about?
thesearch
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Post editing now working, posted by Patrick on Sep 27, 2002

It is would be a bad thing for you to post too close to midnight.
Patrick
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to /mark/, posted by thesearch on Sep 27, 2002

You're slash-backslash characters in the subject will make searching on subject worthless for accessing your posts in the archives.  The backslash will be removed automatically during archiving, so only the forward slash survives the archiving process.  Backslash is a special character used to "escape" characters in the programming language the system is built on and must be removed before a post can be archived.

I don't care of you use the symbol, but I just want you to be aware of what effect it's going to have on your posts.

thesearch
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Special characters, posted by Patrick on Sep 28, 2002

ASD
Michael B
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Special characters, posted by Patrick on Sep 28, 2002

The GT (uppercase .) and LT (uppercase ,) symbols apparently mean something to your programming language as well, since I used them earlier and your editor deleted everything between them. Luckily I proofread before clicking the post as is box and went back spelled out "greater than" and "less than".
Patrick
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Special characters, posted by Michael B on Sep 28, 2002

Anything between and get's removed to keep people from inserting HTML and/or scripts into the forum.  It's a common security measure on message forums.

Some of them allow a few tags to be inserted like bolding , coloring, or italisizing portions of text, but I don't see a great enough need or desire to put in the hours of work required to implement them.

MarkInTx
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to /mark/, posted by thesearch on Sep 27, 2002

That's just as well...

I need to start getting to bed sooner, anyway...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: