Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 01:21:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "A Belarus Bride"  (Read 16692 times)
robobond
« on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

I have been following a small agency's newsletter -- "A Belarus Bride" -- located in Vitebsk, Belarus, and Akron Ohio, USA.   It seems to be a unique, legitimate organization, but, being a skeptic, I am doing my homework.  Have any of you had experience with them?  Can you put me in touch with anyone who has?

(You can check out their website at http://www.abelarusbride.com/)

I would sincerely appreciate any info/input you might offer.

Thx,

Bob

bradley
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "A Belarus Bride", posted by robobond on May 20, 2002

i saw the part about the $950.oo membership fee.
you need to trust them alot
before ever considering such a cost.
robobond
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "A Belarus Bride", posted by bradley on May 20, 2002

yup, $950 is serious money but see how easy it is to p___ away much more than that dealing with a BS agency & BS women... did you read beyond that?
MarkInTx
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: "A Belarus Bride", posted by robobond on May 21, 2002

The thing is that you are not guaranteed that you are not pissing away that same money with Belarus bride.

A web page can say anything they want it to.

If you lay down $950 for them, you hav eput all of your eggs in one basket: You have limited your search to one agency, and one place.

Do it if you want to, but I prefer to keep my options open.

robobond
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "A Belarus Bride", posted by MarkInTx on May 21, 2002

MarkInTx,

I need some help from you.  This forum site is now seeming to me to be less informational and more like a hangout for dysfunctional retentives.  You seem to have experience around the site -- aware of the players who might be real.  Can you give me some advice as to how to ask a simple question without bringing on the spooky-dudes from the rafters of the absurd?

MarkInTx
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "A Belarus Bride", posted by robobond on May 21, 2002

Nope... can't help you there. Depending on the night, if you ask a question, you may get a reasoned and very helpful answer... or the most incoherent drivel you can imagine...

Maybe it depends on what the guys have been drinking that night, who knows?

Everyone has their favorites. And opinions vary.

I have seen two different threads lamenting the departure of LP, who I always thought was a just cranky coot... so you never really know.

Just hang around awhile. You will find your own set of "knowledge brokers" and learn to ignore the dweebs.

As for how to ask a question... there is no sure way.

However, one thing will help... you have read the archives, haven't you? There IS some good stuff there...

robobond
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to spooky-dudes, posted by MarkInTx on May 22, 2002

re: "However, one thing will help... you have read the archives, haven't you? There IS some good stuff there..."

thx, nope, I will!

robobond
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to "A Belarus Bride", posted by MarkInTx on May 21, 2002

I hear you, MarkInTx, & I appreciate the input -- it IS a large up front bite.  Still, it smells like the ol' philosophical Las Vegas betting theory dilemma.  You can play the nickle slots or you can play the dollar slots (this dates me!)  Either way, your money is gonna be gone & you may or may not end up with the big prize.  Their approach is unique in that they profess to personally check out all of the women.  Is this better than a shotgun approach using a large data base?  I don't know.  That's why I am looking for personal experiences from the readers... I'm looking for a fine woman and I'm open as to how to get there, whether it be one big roll of the dice or dribbling it away, nickel by nickel.
MarkInTx
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: "A Belarus Bride", posted by robobond on May 21, 2002

Why are you so hung up on Belarus Bride?

If you want to pay an agency to help you, you don't have to go to AFA or someone like that.

There are several agencies that people on the board have recommended who can assist you in a personal approach. Some for a lot less than Belarus Bride...

Everyone knows Jack Bragg. He hardly has a "large database." He offers individual attention.

If you don't like his methods, (and they are not for everyone) read the trip report that HockeyBrain posted. He was delighted with the agency he used in Sochi.

LifeTime Partners has also proved successful for some board members.

RW, a frequent contributor has a VERY personalized approach that may appeal to you... and she doesn't charge most of her fees until AFTER you have found someone.

A Kherson Rose also offers individual attention, and for a whole lot less than Belarus Bride.

Why do you keep wanting information on Belarus bride, when no one has used them?

I can't understand why you are so dogged in your suggestion about why they are a good bet... Unless you have some allegiance with them, and are just trying to drum up business, perhaps?

wsbill
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to There are other choices, posted by MarkInTx on May 21, 2002

You should know that when the Chernobly Nuke Powerplant cooked off (exploded) it sent alot of radioactive mess into  Belarus.

That a pretty good reason why, not many guys go up into that region.

There is no doubt some sweet ladies from there but they may have all sort of medical problems that on the surface that you don't know about.

Do you want kids in the future?  Think.

This is real life I am talking about not some fantasy.  Where with a snap of your fingers a problem with go away.

If anyone else on the board knows of any other idea for this guy give him a shout.

robobond
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Belarus may not be the direction you..., posted by wsbill on May 21, 2002

wsbill,

You raised some issues that I had not thought about.  While I don't anticipate kids in the future, this is a very legitimate health question re: brides to pose to the folks at "A Baluus Wife".   I didn't realize that people up there might "glow in the dark"...

And, yes, if anyone else on the board knows of any other ideas for "this guy", give me a shout.

Thx for the input.

robo

thesearch
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

--------with your last paragraph.

I was wondering why he was so set on that agency. My vote is you exposed the real reason he is here. If not, he might have a problem whereby once he gets focused on something he can not let it go. Wonderful attribute for a linear project but I am not sure it will always work for the task of finding a wife. Or maybe he is intuitive and simply knows that is where the lady is looking for is. Time will tell all I guess.

robobond
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to You may have hit the nail on the head, posted by thesearch on May 21, 2002

"thesearch",

At the risk of starting a "food fight", are you anal or what?  I politely asked a simple question and you pop up being antagonistic, combative, and extremely judgemental.  Is there a matrimonial website in Antarctica that specializes in your type of frost-bitten personality?  

I don't remember soliciting personal analysis from a wannabe shrink with an A_hole personality -- I just asked about any references re: a matrimonial website that I had found.  I just wanted some simple help and advice.  

What's this "exposed the real reason" crapola -- are you some kind of conspiracy-nut or what?  

I, perhaps incorrectly, thought this website was a helpful forum.  Are there any other readers out there that are getting negative vibes like this re: the local expert pros?

robo

dexion
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

"A Kherson Rose also offers individual attention, and for a whole lot less than Belarus Bride."

I have a phone call scheduled with Natasha tomorrow (wed) at 12pm my time (7 pm there) as she is "in country" looking meeting new applicants...to ask questions.

Anyone have any experience with this agency?Any good questions I should ask that I may not have thought of?

dex

MarkInTx
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: There are other choices, posted by dexion on May 21, 2002

You should contact Jack. And learn about his system.

Read HockeyBrain's trip report... that sounds like what you're looking for... Hmm... I can't remember the name of that agency now (OK, that's a joke... the name of the agency was: AdventuresAndRomance )

Email RW and talk to her about her service... Before you plunk down $1000 with anyone, you should at least get three other bids, don't you think?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: