Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 01:32:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: probably a repeat question on an old topic...  (Read 2692 times)
BrianN
« on: April 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

If a lady comes here on a k1 visa, does not get married, and goes back to the fsu, does she have to wait 2 years to be able to qualify for another one?

Thanks for the info..

Jack
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to probably a repeat question on an old top..., posted by BrianN on Apr 8, 2002

No, she can qualify immediately.

(And let me preface this statement by saying,...unless there has been some new recent change in the procedure)

BubbaGump
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to probably a repeat question on an old top..., posted by Jack on Apr 8, 2002

I thought it used to be like Brian said.  I was wondering if the rule changed in the last couple of years.
BrianN
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to probably a repeat question on an old top..., posted by Jack on Apr 8, 2002

That's based on the idea, that the lady left the usa prior to the 90 day period expiration.  If it was afterwards, then it would certainly create problems with a past "visa-overstay" violation, and create some kind of two year time requirement where she couldn't return to the usa... I've seen this somewhere else before, can't remember where.

Alright.. this makes sense to me.

Thanks again.
bd

Mike
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks for the help, but I assume..., posted by BrianN on Apr 8, 2002

The INS will impose restrictions only if there is an over stay of 180 days. Now I'm not sure if that 180 days starts from the day they arrive or 180 days after their visa expires. I suspect it is from the day they arrive. So if there are no restrictions then there is no bases for denial, however they could play little delay games such as losing paper work and other tricks.

Mike - who is not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Jack
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Unless there has been a change, posted by Mike on Apr 9, 2002

If the lady has extended her stay than it most certainly could effect her ability to comeback quickly. However if she was in complience with INS rules and regulations, she would certaintly be able to re-apply with no problems or restrictions for an immediate return.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: