Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 30, 2024, 09:27:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DR - Please email me!  (Read 5891 times)
Quasimoto
« on: April 08, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

DR,

I am supposed to get married at ZAGS in two weeks. I have a quick question concerning the information that they might reveal to the US embassy.

Also, did they ask for divorce papers as well?

Steve

Natalya
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to DR  - Please email me!, posted by Quasimoto on Apr 8, 2002

Steve, I was married in ZAGS. What question do you have?
Quasimoto
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: DR  - Please email me!, posted by Natalya on Apr 9, 2002

Hi Natalya,

First, I do not know what documentation besides my passport that I must take, ie birthcirtificate, divorce papers, etc. I do not know the cost.

Lastly, we are trying to keep Tanya's ex-husband out of this, so I am wondering if the husband might be contacted. Also, I still wanted to try to bring Tanya here on a K-1 visa, as the timing is better for me. I am starting a second business this June, and I need about 4 months to get on my feet before I stop working 18 hours a day. So a September October arrival would be best. That works best with K-1 I think.

Any words would be helpful.

Steve

Natalya
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Thanks Natalya, posted by Quasimoto on Apr 9, 2002

Steve, I didn't really understand you. Are you marrying in ZAGS or you bring lady here on K-1? I'm confused.
Quasimoto
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Thanks Natalya, posted by Natalya on Apr 9, 2002

I am marrying in ZAGS, but I do not want to process a K-3 VISA. I want to try to bring her here on a K-1. It is about TIME, and also her x-husband is a government official in Kyiv. He says he will never allow her son to leave Ukraine. He is a very violent and abusive man. If he finds out that she is marrying an American, then I think there will be trouble. I will not be there to do anything. Also, I am an American, and he is a politician.

Steve

Natalya
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Natalya, posted by Quasimoto on Apr 9, 2002

Steve, first of all if you marry in ZAGS, if I recall correctly when you arrive in Ukraine or Russia wherever your woman live you should visit American Embassy.That is where you get document saying that you're not married at present time and it is OK for ZAGS to marry you. Embassy has database to check anybody background.Second.You have to bring birth sertificate, and just in case divorce papers with you.
I don't know the cost of ZAGS marriage so your woman have to find out.I know as well that after you let ZAGS know that you planning to marry, ZAGS has waiting time at least a month I believe.In my case we paid for fake document that I'm pregnant and bribed chief of ZAGS so she could marry us quickly. Third. Does your lady has a picture of her child in her passport? Cause if she does then I don't see how her ex could be on your way.  If she doesn't then no matter where you marry her her ex could be a major problem.
Quasimoto
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thanks Natalya, posted by Natalya on Apr 9, 2002

I just called to get a copy of my Divorce Certificate mailed. It will go out tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, I don't know if it will get here by Monday. Perhaps I can have someone fax or express mail it to me. As far as the US Embassy getting involved, that is bad news. I have told Tanya about the photo in her Passport. Unfortunately, her brother Sasha who is a travel agent and claims close ties to the embassies, says there is no such thing as a K-1 Visa, and says that she does need this and doesn't need that, and so he confuses her. It has caused some real problems communicating with her what she MUST do!

Steve

Mike
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Just got off the..., posted by Quasimoto on Apr 9, 2002

If she isn't sure about the K-1 then have someone call her and tell her the facts ( someone in America already that speaks her language). As for you marrying and doing the k-1 well that's a big no no and may come back to haunt you later! If ZAGS contacts the Embassy for permission then the INS agent there will put it in the INS data base I would think, and would refuse a k-1 visa when she goes for her interview, and then you would have to re apply for the k-3. I don't want to sound like a guy with nothing but bad ideas but how well do you really know her? I mean is there a chance she just wants to get the unconditional green card and doesn't know that they have the k-3 now? Or something along those lines??? Just wanting to make sure you're on top of things.
Mike
Quasimoto
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Steve have someone else call her., posted by Mike on Apr 9, 2002

By the way, until Monday, I thought her minister (Protestant, Church of Christ) was going to marry us! So that is what threw everything off. Now we have to do a ZAG marriage if we are to get married there. She and I want her mother to be there for reasons too long to explain here. But I want to be married over there so her mother can be there.

Steve

Quasimoto
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Steve have someone else call her., posted by Mike on Apr 9, 2002

Not even! All this is my idea. But she is a member of a church that does not do marriages. The minister will bless us, but not marry us. So that put the damper on the K-1 idea. Now I am just trying to figure out if it is possible to do the K-1, or if I have to go the K-3 route. I want to avoid it, but it may be necessary. Mike, I know her better than most guys know their girlfriends here. I have spent 2.5 months with her during 3 trips. None of this is her doing. It is all my flailing. Her brother has just been a little over-protective.

Steve

Dan
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Steve have someone else call her., posted by Quasimoto on Apr 9, 2002

Visa and you later marry here in America.

I am pretty sure you know this, but just wanted to be sure.

The US Embassy in Kyiv has the following information regarding how to get married in Ukraine - follow the link -- http://usinfo.usemb.kiev.ua/amcit_marriage_civil_eng.html.

Between this information and what you can gather at Doc Steen's site and from Natalya and DR on this site - you should be juse about as equipped as anyone could be for the adventure ahead.

Good Luck Buddy!!!

- Dan

Quasimoto
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Steve - K-3 and/or DCF are For Marriages..., posted by Dan on Apr 9, 2002

Thanks Dan,

I just considered pulling a fast one on the gov. until I found out that there was a 3rd kind of filing of the VISAs called a Spousal filing on the K-3 VISA. I think that would work best. Because we were thrown this loop just this week, we were unprepared. I was married briefly, and I did not even have a copy of my divorce papers and just asked my county to mail them today. They are coming tomorrow morning. I may have to have them express mailed to follow me to Ukriane.

Steve

Natalya
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Steve have someone else call her., posted by Quasimoto on Apr 9, 2002

Steve you won't be able to apply for K-1 after you get married out there.I don't think it's possible after you visit embassy with request of document for ZAGS. Second, I don't want to hurt your feelings but RW well know that if you get married in Russia it is sagnificaly speed up process for GC.Basically she has it in her pocket after marriage in ZAGS.It will take about 6 months to process K3, but once it is done, she'll arrive her and will receive GC in mail in matter of month.K1 takes longer for GC and there is always a chance that something won't work out for you both and she will have to go back.Just wanted to let you know.
Quasimoto
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Steve have someone else call her..., posted by Natalya on Apr 9, 2002

Natalya,

Thanks for your help I am having a Ukrainian friend here in the US call her tonight. Tanya did not even believe a k-1 existed. She is totally ignorant of all this stuff. Tanya does not know what a green card is. What she knows, I or her brother have told her, which is part of the problem, as her brother told her that there is no such thing as a k-1 fiancee VISA. He also told her there was no place in her passport for her son's photo, and I didn't know what I was talking about. I told her to let Ovir decide that, not me or her brother! Neither does she know about a marriage K-3 VISA. I have had to give her instructions for Ovir for getting her Passport. She is not coniving or trying to get a Green Card. She doesn't even want to work. Though I will say that as of the last 3 months, she is excited about coming to the US. However, she does know about ZAGS.

She has never been with an agency or sought marriage. She was an accidental meeting. She lives in Gora which is 5,000 people near Borispol (Kyiv) airport. Her x-husband is the director of customs there. He may go through my pockets when I arrive on Wednesday, to see if he can find some lose money. Tanya worked in Customs at the airport when they were married, and until one year ago.

Steve

Natalya
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: I am doing that right now!, posted by Quasimoto on Apr 10, 2002

Steve, does her ex know your name?If so then be prepare....When do you leave? So if undertsand right, she doesn't have picture of her son in her passport. That is not good.I'll try to ask ladies on Russian Women Abroad board about laws in Ukraine.Does she need permission from her ex to bring child over here or perhaps laws had changed and she doesn't. I'm from Belarus and in 1996 I had to get permission not only from my ex for my daughter but from my father whom I didn't see since 1977.

Another thing. I know how it is over there and how confusing all different information could be. I was kinda of like your lady not believeing anything even what my hubby said or just opposite listening to everybody and get totally frustrated and lost.Needless to say I put all my frustration on my husband as well until one day he just let me had it... He told me that he spending huge amount of his time to make research and wanted to be trusted on whatever information he found. That he felt so unappreciated by me because I questioned and tried to check my russian sources on every thing he said or done. Bottom line he said he needs to be trusted because he will be my husband and that what spouses do trust each other. I had to say I completely changed my ways after what he said to me and look for some information only if he asked me to.It saved us alot of nerves and unnessesary arguments.

My advice to you let your woman know how frustrated you are at all mess and ask her to let you handle this. Just keep her updated and thats all. You'll see how much easier everything will be. Tell her that here you can find information from internet or calling embassy (first hand) compare to Ukraine where all information mostly from people.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: