Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 02, 2024, 02:17:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RW's with kids vs without??  (Read 75455 times)
Quasimoto
« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Who? Dr. Laura?, posted by KenC on Mar 30, 2002

problem is Ken, I think you found a dam near perfect one from what I see and hear! Now that is unreasonable! Kinda raises the bar a little too much wouldn't you say. Now what would you do if you were ever divorced? Probably just give up and get a golden retreiver.

I have always said there are too many self-help books that women read. It tells a tale!!!! But it isn't only them. I am into psychology for two reasons. It was my minor in college (deviate and criminal behavior), and as you know, I worked as a crisis-line counselor for 14 years; mostly with women and some children. So how can I not pay attention to these realities.

STeve

Natalya
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Who? Dr. Laura?, posted by KenC on Mar 30, 2002

You marry to a perfect woman only.Fine. Others maybe don't have luxury of spending unlimited time and money in search of perfect spouse ( because there is always a chance they never find perfect one in this life) so they settle their life with the right person who is not perfect but with the hope that after living number of years together and working small differences out will become perfect.IMHO

KenC
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Kenc, posted by Natalya on Mar 30, 2002

Natalya,
There have been too many guys going to Russia that have no clue as to what criteria they have in choosing a wife.  They jump on the first decent woman that will accept their proposal.  Now along comes a man that has thought about his criteria and some posters give him grief for it.  I am not necessarily agreeing with his criteria, but I commend him for giving it some thought.  The chances of him finding a woman that meets all of his criteria is another subject too.  I also know that when you find the "right" woman for you, you throw your dam list out the window!  LOL.  But in all seriousness, petem has just filled out the fields that are usually provided by agency website search engines.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with that in my mind.
KenC
Quasimoto
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Kenc, posted by KenC on Mar 30, 2002

I think Natalya is the sensible one here, but Ken I agree with you to some extent. It was certain itemized issues listed that troubled me. Some seem irelevant. Do you recall the list the women gave at the seminar given by that guy that wrote "Real Men Don't Eat Quiche", and "Women are from Venus, Men From Mars"? About half the women mentioned sense of humor, good character, good morals, or anyother character trait in their list of 10 qualities. Every one listed "good looking", "rich", "drives a nice car", etc. Three of the 10 women who read their list out loud, mentioned clean fingernails, but not one mentioned a character trait. I find it hard to believe you didn't pick your wife with something in mind more than her looks! Why aren't any character traits mentioned? My fiancee is probably less attractive than any woman I dated over there. And yet I love her more, and think more highly of her because of what and who she is. She is the grand prize! though no photo model. But she is really pretty.

Steve

petem
« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Kenc, posted by Quasimoto on Mar 30, 2002

Your right, looks are all relative.
I know plenty of guys who only like brunettes.
A key personality trait I state a preferance for is patience, but thats why teachers and nurses are good occupations for that quality.
KenC
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Kenc, posted by Quasimoto on Mar 30, 2002

Steve,
I have mentioned Lena's good character many more times than I have ever mentioned her looks.  You must not have paid enough attention in the past.
KenC
Quasimoto
« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Kenc, posted by KenC on Mar 30, 2002

You misjudge me! I did not mean to imply that. I have never read a post where you mention her looks directly or specifically. I am pointing out that you married her for other reasons. I believe that. I believe you did very well. But it is based on your statements and hearsay. As a matter of fact, the only thing I hold against her is that she doesn't like pearls!! Smiley

STeve

KenC
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Kenc, posted by Quasimoto on Mar 30, 2002

n/t
wsbill
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You've been reading the Latin board ..., posted by Quasimoto on Mar 30, 2002

This is exactly what's wrong with America.

Our society has conditioned everyone to react a certain way.  It's like people who have only ate a salad from a resturant or from a plastic bag from the grocery store.  If they were to go out on the farm and pick lettuce right off the plant they would say it doesn't taste fresh!  Ha.

Now everyone is living their lives...Keeping up with the Jones kind of logic.  What America really needs is another great depression to reelin their expectations on how life is suppose to be.

Where did I hear that our suburbs are now becoming awash with singles, where married people once lived.  No wonder companies are laying people off and relocating their mfg. plants in 3rd world countries where in which a happy family really does yield a better return and a better mfg. product.

Who's expectations are you living up to Huh

petem
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: unreasonable expectations., posted by wsbill on Mar 30, 2002

I have spent time in far poorer countries than the FSU.
These people who are poorest are sometimes pretty happy compared to most americans I have met.
They are having more fun, get more joy out of life.
The expectations of many americans is out of control, especially career type women. Why else are anti-depressives are selling like crazy.
I can't tell you how many AW's I meet are never happy with anything, no matter what you do you are never going to make them happy, there's no limit to what they want.
Quasimoto
« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: unreasonable expectations., posted by wsbill on Mar 30, 2002

Some real truth here. The most productive males in a business environment, and the most faithful, are the married guys with a wife and two kids! They even talked about it on Dateline (I think it was Dateline) two nights ago. But our corporate culture is looking for the young whippersnapper who will set the world on fire.
Steve
wsbill
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: unreasonable expectations., posted by Quasimoto on Mar 30, 2002

It's like fighter pilots... they get the young bucks to fly dangerious missions.  While the older so called leaders tell them what they should do.

Same as true in the corporate circles, they want a young perform to stick their necks out and work 90 hour weeks, only to be dumped with a younger worker shows up.

Companies now days, will suk you in chew you up and spit you out.  The days of taking care of your employees are over....sort of like the retirement paycheck your parents might have gotten from a firm.

It's a dog eat dog world.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: