Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 15, 2024, 05:10:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need a lawyer  (Read 1685 times)
snowwego
« on: March 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

hello everyone,
My fiancee from the kherson region of the ukraine needs professional advice in her own language. She has many question about her daughter who will be 18 in july. I live in the new york state area does any one have an idea where i can get some professional advice for her? Any help would be appreciated. This is more of a passport issue than anything else. Thanks for any help Rick
DE
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to need a lawyer, posted by snowwego on Mar 29, 2002

I believe she is of the age that she will need her own international passport.  Also, she is still young enough to be included in the K-1 visa when you submit the petition (if you do it real SOON).  I believe the age requirement is less then 18 for dependents but maybe someone here knows exactly.  If it is 18, and you are wanting to bring her over with her mother on the K-1, you had better file that petition pronto and hopefully get that interview before she turns 18.  That seems the easiest way.  Otherwise, she may be on her own.  This is all to my best recollection.  If anyone has a different understanding, step in.
William
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need a lawyer, posted by DE on Mar 29, 2002

The child is old enough for her own international passport.
But the legal age for k-1 purposes is 21. Under 21, she goes
on her mothers visa.
So, you have some time.  Also arrange things so that the child
gets her own SS number as well(like her mom).
Bobby Orr
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need a lawyer, posted by DE on Mar 29, 2002

I agree with the posters above, especially if she is under 18.  If you really want a good lawyer from NY the guys name is Roth - he just specializes in Eastern European immigration.  He is based out of Westchester, NY last I remember.
tfcrew
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to need a lawyer, posted by snowwego on Mar 29, 2002

...listing daughter as child. Regardless of congruent travel with Mom. Not specifying a reason, then there should be no need for legal advise abroad. Point is, listing child on petition makes it easier to obtain a visitor visa, K-2 not withstanding.
Obtaining US visas is not a Ukraine government jurisdiction.
Only the international passport. W/ $$$....no prob
Karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: