Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 03, 2024, 10:27:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks Steve M, Jack, re: Single Parenting  (Read 1600 times)
ChipShot
« on: January 03, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks to all who responded to my question regarding being a single parent, and searching in the FSU for a woman with some common issues and parenting concerns.

My interest in women fromt he FSU stemmed from an interest in Russian culture an deconomic issues, and I had already been involved in some business activities in Russia, as my father had. So, the concept of the FSU was not "foreign" to me. It also ocurred to me that my situation is ana;ogous to many of the women in the FSU, that is, being divorced and left primarily responsible for raising a child.

I know divorced women in the US, but most, if not all, share custody with thier ex's, and are involved in painful and compliacted home an dtime sharing arrangements with the children. I never felt comfortable with the idea that I would be a stepfather to a child, via a revolving door. It struck me that I would be very happy to raise another woman's child, as my own, but that I would not have to deal with the father, and all of the crap that that can entail.

To those who consider involvement with women from the FSU to be an effort on the part of losers, I can tell you that there are many on this list, I gather, who would do very well with women in any part of the world. For a single father, I can't think of any group of women better suited to a new life than women from the FSU.  

I can accept an woman from the FSU who divorced a man who wasn't loving, respectful, or drank too much, or cheated. I cannot accept a divorced woman from the US, who is divorced because she's selfish, narcissistic, and awful to be around. I've met a few like this. Ick. No thanks.

SteveM
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks Steve M, Jack, re: Single Parenti..., posted by ChipShot on Jan 3, 2002

Hey Chip,

Now that the trash has been cleared off the board, I noticed your post.  My experience was similar in some ways.  I dated AW who blew me off for reasons such as "too interested in the Greatful Dead" and "reminds me of my ex-husband, who is in jail now".

I didn't go looking for a RW at all, but I am sure glad I found one anyway...

Steve M.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: