Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 08:24:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ken C's Observations and Some Questions  (Read 2626 times)
mdante99
« on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Ken C is an astute and a valuable observer; he describes below his observations that four out of six AM/RW couples he knows are on the verge of break up. It appears that in his small sampling there were problems early on. It also appears that there is not much " age difference " in the couples; something that has been accused as the major destroyer of these relationships. The couples seem to be closer in age to each other.

Ken C sampling may be small, but I don't think it is irrelevant; other posters have described same or similar results; giving the odds of success anywhere from 15% to 40% and most of break up in the early years.

AM/RW relationships take a lot of money ( average $15,000 to $20,000); a lot of time and effort ( two to five years ). It begs the question, is it prudent to seek such a relationship at such a cost for such dismal odds?

As we know the financial and emotional cost of breaking up can be incalculable.

For me ignorance is bliss; I did not know anything about the odds, or the costs; I just went there, and brought back a wife, and it has worked out very well; happier than ever.

Had I known all of this, the chances are that I would have never ventured.

Mark

Dan
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ken C's Observations and Some Questions, posted by mdante99 on Dec 27, 2002

I saw the one that appears rhetorical, but didn't see any others. What is it you are wondering about Mark??

- Dan

KenC
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ken C's Observations and Some Questions, posted by mdante99 on Dec 27, 2002

Mark,
I think the sample is way too small to come to any conclusions.  I also feel that the typical poster here is so much better informed than most of the guys that go to Russia that they have a much better chance of success.  Like you, I didn't have all the information at my disposal when I first went to Russia.  I was lucky in many ways but I also used a lot of common sense.  This forum is a great source of information that can help many people to gain success in their travels to Russia.  We do have to guard against a few posters that continue to post mis-information so as to not mislead the new comers.  One has to also define "success".  Anyone can get married to a RW.  That is not success in my mind.  Success is finding, romancing, falling in love and having a stable loving marriage.  That my friend is a much more difficult task.
KenC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: