Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 04:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Last minute AOS interview jitters  (Read 6206 times)
Jeff
« on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Tomorrow is my wife's AOS interview in Philly.  I don't know about her, but I am a little bit worried.  Not only have I never been in Philly, but we still haven't heard anything about her fingerprints.  We will try to work that out tomorrow.  I do have one question for all the veterans here, what all should we take and what should we expect at this interview?  I know we have to take pictures, but is there anything else?  We are going to take all the paperwork and copies from the K-1 process in case they don't have something.  Any advice for us novices would be greatly appreciated!
WilliamF
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Last minute AOS interview jitters, posted by Jeff on Dec 27, 2002

We had our interview about a month ago.  We did NOT get approved "on the spot." The INS officer was primarily concerned with documents "proving" we were in fact living together. We had tons of photos - including photos of our Russian wedding, and copies of all of our prior INS submissions - but this was not good enough.  Documents requested by our INS officer included the following: joint checking acount statement, a "joint" health insurance policy, joint tax return, "joint" rental agreement or mortgage payment, joint credit card statement. I didn't have any of this stuff. We were told to mail in additional documentation. As a result, approval of my wife's AOS (and her "green card") will be delayed.

I don't want to make you more nervous than you are, but my hunch is that AOS interviews are conducted a little differently since the events of 9-11. Be prepared with your documents....

Stevo
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Not to make you more nervous, but...., posted by WilliamF on Dec 28, 2002

fff
WilliamF
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I'm surprised you were surprised...'join..., posted by Stevo on Dec 28, 2002

TG
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Last minute AOS interview jitters, posted by Jeff on Dec 27, 2002

I think this event is akin to airport security. The more unsure and nervious you are, the more likely it is that the INS interviewer will feel the need to grill you. The best option is to walk in there confident, relaxed and prepared with the documents you need....

Good luck!

Jeff S
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

In my case the interviewer looked in my wife's purse. The first thing he pulled out was a recipt for a suit from a big and tall man's shop. Since she's Japanese and I'm 6'4, 275 lbs, the interview was pretty much over at that point.

-- Jeff S.

John F
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

From what I've heard, experiences can vary greatly depending on INS office.  Our AOS was a piece of cake.

Besides the paperwork, another thing they are interested in is proof that you are indeed living as husband and wife.  I took insurance statements showing my wife was on my group insurance and medical statements showing I was providing her medical care.  I took documents showing we jointly purchased her car.  Things like that......

Good luck, and don't worry.
John

KenC
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Jeff,
The more prepared you are the less questions they will ask.  I put together 3 books of documents.  One for the INS, our attorney and originals for us.  The INS person only asked about one document and nothing else.  Ten mins into it, the INS person and our attorney were talking about other cases.  If you have everything documented, don't sweat it.
KenC
russian2000
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Last minute AOS interview jitters, posted by KenC on Dec 27, 2002

try this site for info:

http://www.kamya.com/interview/

Good luck,

Olga

P.S. and please post after you done...

Jeff
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Last minute AOS interview jitter..., posted by russian2000 on Dec 28, 2002

I couldn't get this site to work for some reason, the buttons wouldn't work!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: