Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 06, 2024, 03:29:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cheaper where?  (Read 16106 times)
micha1
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: cheaper where?, posted by LouieLouie on Dec 31, 2002

Chris g,  listen to Louie Louie, shopping and women go together.  She will love whatever you pick for her, put if
she has a chance to have an input, you are a winner.  Shopping is first and foremost with women,
it is a start at understanding them.
Richard
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to cheaper where?, posted by chris g on Dec 31, 2002

As I remember it from 4 passes through Schipol Airport in Amsterdam in 2001, there are several jewelry shops.  I did not look for rings, but use jewelry stores in the general sense of the word (rings necklaces watches etc), but suspect that you could find one there.  However, to my eye, most of the merchandise on sale in the duty free shops is higher end merchandise.  While the prices there may be good prices, it is definitely high-end merchandise.  

My impression from reading posts in response to questions like this in the past is that the prices are similar between the US and Ukraine & Russia, maybe cheaper here.  I suggest that you search the archives to double-check my memory, as it is a little hazy on this subject.

I would suggest that you might want to get a ring over there as it is an opportunity to go shopping with your potential fiancé and get to know her tastes.  I didn't bring a ring with me because I hadn't planned on proposing.  However, to everyone's surprise, including mine, I did ask.  My fiancé picked out a lovely ring that is much different from what I would have picked out.  I am sure she would have liked anything I would have picked, but that way I would have missed out on a opportunity to get to know her better.

davet
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: cheaper where?, posted by Richard on Dec 31, 2002

I understand that gold in Russia is a slightly different alloy than we are used to here in the US.  Therefore the gold there is referred to as pink gold (versus our "yellow" gold or "white" gold).  Has anyone seen a website that shows the same piece of jewelry in the three different golds (pink, white, yellow) for comparison.  I just would like to see what it looks like.  A jeweler on the web said he could make a ring in any gold I wanted but I would like to see what it looks like first.

Lynn
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Russian gold, posted by davet on Dec 31, 2002

The "Russian" or "pink" gold you are asking about is very simular to the "Black Hills" gold sold here in the states, it has a pale pink cast to it. The pink cast is said to come from trace ammounts of copper.
Two Russian friends of mine, who stayed with me for several weeks a few years ago, made comment that they preferred the "pink" or "Russian" gold to the standard yellow or white that is the norm here. They felt that it was much more desirable with one of them stating that the Russian gold was the best in the world------in her humble opinion of course;)

my 3 or 2cts

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: