Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 06:21:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Free Internet Dating Agencies  (Read 8765 times)
jj
« on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Free Internet Dating Sites.

Just thought we should outline some great internet dating sites. There are many new ones on the internet at present and now is the time to check them out before too many would be perfume hounds hit the trail.

Golden Oldies

www.AmericanSingles

This is a subscription based dating service based in the USA.  It allows free listings. You need to be a member to send mail to selected profiles.  A good site many FSU women listed here.  ** stars

www.Kiss.com

This is a good well known site many women listed on its database.  Used by dating agencies to help promote their business but equally used by independent ladies.A good place to get into the swing of it *** stars

www.firstdream.com

This is a Russian/Ukraine FSU dating agency (Based in Texas USA) but it has a really good free profile listing - worth checking out.  In some cases you only have access to their postal addresses some have emails.  I think it is a bit of a clearing house for girls that have been on their books for a while.  They are still current and available.  This site is good in terms of the ladies on their database.  The free listing is also good in attracting people to their site. **** Stars

www.excite.com personals

This is a well known free dating service.  Many of the contacts may be old as it is not readily maintained but you can contact any person free of charge.  there are many FSU ladies listed on this database  *** stars (because it is free)

New Kids on the Net.  The competition is heating up

www.date.com

This is a new dating service that is picking up cliental quickly.  It had the ability for free uses to express interest in someone which then allows them to checkout you profile.  You need to be a member to send emails but free members can read you mail and reply to full Gold members.  The list is building fast but it is still fresh and the contacts are worth looking into.  *** stars

www.megafriends.com

This has to be the best deal around at present. This is a new site and is picking up fast.  You can register free membership. All member can send free emails but best of all free members can also receive limited email (1 per day).  There is a limit of viewing 10 profiles per day.  Gold (Full) Members have no limitation.  Prediction watch this space it will take off big time.  Word has it that Kiss.com is quickly trying to catch up and is soon to update its database to try and compete.  **** stars

There are others if you know of any please reply to this email with your review so we can add it to the list.

Harry88
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Free Internet Dating Agencies, posted by jj on Oct 4, 2001

I checked Megafriends but the info states you can send "free introduction messages" for free. So, contrary to Matchdoctor, I think it's not really free... Right?!
Harald
jj
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are you sure it's free?!, posted by Harry88 on Oct 4, 2001

As a free memebr you get to read 1 fee message a day.  you can send as many as you want.  Thhis is a limiitation yes if you like you can rude it.  If you jopin as a paying member these limitations are removed.  Sorry if this was misleading.

Checked out the New Kiss.com...  Thuin=mbs down here I am afraid.  tried to add a new listing and could not find Ukraine as a listed Country in Eastern Europe.

Maybe we should try ans complie a list of likes and dislikes as a group.

Harry88
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Good inititative! - How do you you pass the filter?!

As said, Kiss is not free for inititating contact.
They certainly must be feeling the heat now. (As a matter of fact they ARE updating their site at this very moment!)

Other free ones:
---------------
Matchdoctor
They finance themselves with agressive advertise banners.
Regretfully you have to click on each profile to see the pictures; otherwise similar to kiss, including the visibility which mails were opened. I use this one most at the moment.
Thus I give it ****

lonelyfire :
Technically speaking NOT free (so I won't rate it), but you start with enough points to send two mails; and if you're popular you'll never have to buy points!

love at aol
How could you overlook that one?! Very well known, many RW posted.

some Russian free ones:
-----------------------
loveme ru
One of the biggest in FSU. English option.

I also just found e e c l org -stupid but only like this I can pass it!:0(
I recently found it, so I don't have an opinion yet (looks OK, English).

Harald

Den
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I don't know about the rest, but I know Kiss.com is not free. They have a monthly charge. Be careful when you sign up for a one month or three month contract. When they say one month, it means they will bill your credit card forever if you don't cancel within one month. The problem is that they have got you for at least three months before you get the second credit card bill. If you only want one month, cancel at least two times before the first month is up. I used them for about two weeks and got billed for four months. The service is OK, but I don't like their business practices.
jj
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Free Internet Dating Agencies, posted by Den on Oct 4, 2001

Sorry if my post was not too clear.  Kiss.com is free to list your profile.  And to view profiles.  You need to sign up this send emails.  I was trying to list those sites that are not "pay per play".  - The new Kiss sucks.  I prefer megafriends.com and date.com they are new sites and the hoit rate is good.

BrianN
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Free Internet Dating Agencies, posted by jj on Oct 4, 2001

Well, your english may not be all that great, but your intentions were well placed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: