Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 05, 2024, 06:16:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you feeling flush, bored out of breath  (Read 6329 times)
wsbill
« on: November 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Well here's a quick pick-me upper...  Pictures of Kiev.

http://www.eewife.com/Kievpictures/kiev11.htm

jj
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are you feeling flush, bored out of brea..., posted by wsbill on Nov 15, 2001

Makes me miss the place ...  I can not wait to retrun soon...  Thanks,,,
Jimmy
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are you feeling flush, bored out of brea..., posted by wsbill on Nov 15, 2001

Reading the reasons why Russian women want AM and how depressing the photos of Kiev are certainly shows that the understanding on this board needs to be enlightened.

These people here have been born and raised all their lives in these apartments and to them it is a way of life.  I have met many Ukrainian and Russian women that only feel safe and secure in these type of apartments.  These apartment buildings are made out of pre-cast concrete structures and you will not find one stick of wood in the walls.  The doors are typically made of metal and reinforced so a stick of dynamite wouldn't dent it.  The door has so many locks that Houdini would have a tough time.  This all gives the family a sense of security that you need to understand.  They are born with it.  Think again if you think that your offer of a stick built home in the US suburbs will overjoy your new Russian wife.  Better buy some good locks on your door and make sure your windows are sturdy.

I have lived here for over a year and find this amazing obsession with locks and security in an area I feel couldn't be more safe.  I have never been accosted nor felt threatened by anyone in Kiev or elsewhere.  OH Yes, it may happen but I would probably feel more for my safety on the highway here than in any other place.

BTW, the General Counsel of the US Embassy and his twelve year old daughter were killed in an auto accident while traveling to Eastern Ukraine for a wedding.  He wasn't driving.  The chances of getting killed here on the road is very high.

So, remember that your future Russian or Ukrainin wife will always have it in her blood that apartment dwelling is more secure and safe since she will remember her upbringing.  And Kiev is a very beautiful city and she will always remember the life she spent there.  Everything being equal she will want to stay in her homeland.

As always this is my humble opinion only and of course yours may vary.  I only live here.

Best Regards,

Jimmy
Ukriane

cherokee
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

hy
wsbill
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Who has been here before Huh

http://www.zair.kiev.ua/

Dalton Brooks
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I don't have the slightest clue how these photos are supposed to be a pick me up from boredom. If anything, they are extremely depressing.

Dalton

Lenny G
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I have looked at this site twice. what i..., posted by Dalton Brooks on Nov 15, 2001

Viewing those pictures should remove all doubts as to why Russian women are so eager to marry an American man.

Any American man who appears to be breathing.

BarryM
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Some of the most beautiful architecture in the world are the Orthodox cathedrals in the FSU. Not one in your photos. Just some scrubby flats. You can do better.

-blm

wsbill
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Umm. kind of mediocre scenes., posted by BarryM on Nov 15, 2001

Gee, this is the artistic side of Kiev.  I've got a few pictures of the churches in there.  But if you really look closely at some of the buildings you can actually see on some of them where there was a different period of time and perhaps a different designer.  Like on the 3 story building displaying the building.   Could it have been during the war or was it the fact that two guys over a period of time worked on the building...with a different interpretation on how it should be built.

Ok, so there's not alot of hotties running around in short skirts...  those are on my camcorder.

Where's your pictures ?

Patrick
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re:  You guys sound like a bunch of Elec..., posted by wsbill on Nov 15, 2001

I remember a limit equation I once saw in the EE building bathroom (second stall from the left) at Cal Poly, SLO-

business admin = lim GPA--0 EE

Now, unless we all want to go back to flapping blankets over fires to send signals instead of posting messages to the internet, I say we all give a hearty round of applause to the EEs who actually had to study in school while the liberal arts students partied.

wsbill
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What's wrong with that?, posted by Patrick on Nov 16, 2001

I was just making fun of there little ditty of my photos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: