Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 10:27:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: re: yahoo bought kiss.com  (Read 2269 times)
spyke
« on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

easy too C..
thesearch
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to re: yahoo bought kiss.com, posted by spyke on Oct 5, 2001

A few months of work mostly destroyed. They have matched letters that I sent to women I do not know etc. I can not believe it. It is not the money but the lost time.
Ramblin
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to re: yahoo bought kiss.com, posted by spyke on Oct 5, 2001

Don't know about Yahoo buying Kiss but their new format is exactly the same as Udate.com which totally sucks.  However the databases are still separate.  The poster down below that was concerned about Ukraine not showing up in the search, well, it is because all profiles that were on Kiss before October 3 now have "unknown" as their country location.  They replaced the excellent Kiss search engine with a lame criteria match.  I just now checked it out tonight and cancelled my membership.  Thanks to those of you who alerted us because I don't check it that often and might have got charged for another month before I found out.  I'm lucky to already have a few e-mail addresses from Kiss before they messed up their web site.
jj
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: re: yahoo bought kiss.com, posted by Ramblin on Oct 5, 2001

The reason that it is unkown is the Ukraine is not in the related Country look list. Depending on the data structure this shoulr be readily fixed by adding in Ukraine and assoicating it with the Eastern Europe category.

Should take them about 5 mins to fix... (maybe longer if they have to run an update query - either way should be fixed overnight) The question is do they know

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: