Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 04:30:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: first call to lady COLD COLD - read why  (Read 15314 times)
thesearch
« on: October 05, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I have been writing to a lady for about a month. She is a physician and lives in Moscow. Communications have been good via e-mail so she asked that I call her on the phone.

I called,  said hello and basically I found silence more than anything else. The conversation was dead. She said she spoke excellent English so this was not the problem. Getting her to talk was like pulling teeth. And what few words she did say were flat without expression COLD. After a few moments I decided that this was a waste so I said to her well I guess you do not want to talk so I am going to hang up - while in my mind thinking I am not going to contact her anymore.

This got her talking. Even when these ladies say they speak excellent English they still can provide moments of challenge to fully understand them for various reasons. I was wondering why such a cold shoulder when her e-mail was not like this. She then says that she has a hard time talking to me as she does not know what to expect from me.

Well this confused the heck out of me. I ask what she means by this and  she basically lets loose on me about the type American men she has met as though she is expecting me to be the same. I was not sure if she misunderstood something I said or what to trigger this - could have been but, I was never really sure as I had to get off the phone after twenty minutes because of a prior appointment.

I ultimately came to understand that she simply was getting disgusted with American men because of her experiences and here I was another American man.

She said the following men contact her. First there are the poor men who think that because she is a doctor she would be a good meal ticket. I tried to tell her that she probably would not be able to get a license here in the USA but we never fully resolved that.

The second type of male she says only wants a house slave and sex.

A third type is a male with a high income but tells her that she has to work to pay her keep.

She basically was saying that love etc did not seem to be what American men wanted - there was always something different that seemed important to American men or that which was so businesslike about it all.

Now let me say, there is a remote possibility that this lady is a gold digger.
If this is the case she will expose this to me.

But, the point of this post is that if what this lady says is true these ladies are subjected to a fair number of men who are very questionable in their motives. Now it seems I have to deal with the after math of all of this.

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to first call to lady COLD COLD - read why, posted by thesearch on Oct 5, 2001

So I guess if I were an affluent American man that was just interested in starting a family with a Russian woman before too much time slipped by, I would be put in the second catagory.  And what's wrong with liking sex anyway?  

I don't need a woman to come over here and support me.  They might want to work, they might enjoy it and it might help them adjust, but it wouldn't help me out financially.  I want a family and that make take lots of sex, but I'm willing to do it.  OK, so I'm the bad guy here for wanting kids and depriving her of her career potential.  Tell her to keep looking then until she finds what she wants.

Yes, I want love and I wouldn't put up with all this crap and the expense if I wasn't at least semi-serious about this.  If they don't want to be what we want, then tough luck.  They'll just have to keep waiting until the right guy comes along.  

Don't blame us for rejecting you if you weren't what we want.  Do women ever feel guilty when the shoe's on the other foot?

thesearch
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to first call to lady COLD COLD - read why, posted by thesearch on Oct 5, 2001

I just got off the phone with this lady. Although her stories are in part reflections of the truth about what these ladies are subjected to - for her it can all be discounted.

This lady is into money plain and simple. With in depth conversation it became clear that to provide the life style that she expects you would have to make about 2.5 million per year. This is no joke.

So, she is offended by reasonable average guys because they can not offer this. I told her if that is what she wants keep looking, I am not her man. She then says that she is a bad woman but she has made up her mind. However she states that the most important things to her are not material.. Right..

Ok so that is clearly not going to be a good deal even if I did make that type of money.

Well  there was a second lady that I liked. I hired a Ukrainian lady to do translations for me who lives in Ukraine. I found this lady on Kiss.com (will not be using them anymore with the changes as the conversion screwed up all my data matching letters to wrong people etc.).

This is a response that I got with my second letter to her:

Dear  sir!

Your lady Alla addressed to us to conection with the
translation. As you  know  our country is  going
through  the difficult economic situation.A lot of
people lost their job.
We give the  working  places to the  people who
speaks English  and let them  to earn money  for their
family. If we permit gentlemen  to seek the cheapest
translators we  will left our a piece of bread. We
can't allow it!
That's why if you aren't be using the help of our
translators  we will close your correspondence.

With respect,
Anastasia
Internet-Club Manager

Now I am helping the Ukrainian economy but you know, I just smell a rat here. The lady may not even exist. So I will write to her in English and do the proper stuff to confirm that she is real. You know, sometimes this can be a lot of work.

jj
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to The truth comes out and other challenges, posted by thesearch on Oct 6, 2001

Why bot send a brief letter in Russian.  You can use the internet translation web pages.  This wasy there is no fee for Translation.  What I tend to do in this case is send both English and Translated message.  You soon weed out who is making the money.  Hell I think it would be better if some of the money paid to Angencies went to the individual concerned.  I don't trust many they are more interested in marking their business then building relationships.  Mind you a successful relationship is a good promotion. In some cases they put pressure on the various couples to sign up - I think there is an extra payment if a marriage results from an introduction.  Whilst time is an importnat factor love and compatibility is just as if not more important.  I prefer to seend the money on getting to know the women and if I can not communicate directly there would have to be a very good reason.  One maybe to ensure communication is not misinterpreted.  Hell most of the translation services use a computer translation anyway, those that don't may not be too fluent in English.

John F
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to The truth comes out and other challenges, posted by thesearch on Oct 6, 2001

I don't know what they're trolling for, but I think I'm smelling something fishey here.

KenC
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ah, the weekend with the fishers trollin..., posted by John F on Oct 6, 2001

n/t
thesearch
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to thesearch is not a troll     n/t, posted by KenC on Oct 6, 2001

sd
BarryM
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ah, the weekend with the fishers trollin..., posted by John F on Oct 6, 2001

It seems that this discussion is getting overblown. There is a simple answer and action to take. If you find you're communicating with a rotten RW/UW, just stop. It's not important why. There are plenty of bad women who place ads in marriage agencies. Perhaps "thesearch" needs to post the name and agency of this woman so we can avoid her. End of story.

-blm

thesearch
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I wouldn't worry about it., posted by BarryM on Oct 6, 2001

She was on Kiss.com and I can not even find her there anymore. Man that place sucks now. And, of course I have dropped her. I just thought that I would give everyone a follow-up simply revealing what we deal with.
jj
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I wouldn't worry about it., posted by thesearch on Oct 6, 2001

BarryM
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I wouldn't worry about it., posted by thesearch on Oct 6, 2001

A lot of the bigger sites have problems with scammers and insincere women. Absolute, Kiss, Cherry Blossoms, and Heart of Asia have all had a high amount of bad ads.

Since Kiss has self destructed, the only other similar agency is Absolute. Absolutes search sucks.

You should look into personal ads for better quality results. That seems to be the better way to go these days.

-blm

tfcrew
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Often times these ladies exaggerate their language  ablities.  My Svetlana admitted that she was not yet skilled at English at the very first. Now she does just fine.
Are you really the shmoe that you describe in your profile?
I don't really care what these yo-yo trolls think.
tim360z
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

....also there are the pauses,  the humor and the direction the telephone call takes....it is a more natural form of communication than emails.  Face to face communication is,  of course the best.
KenC
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

Search,
There is another point to consider here, the "reality" of the phone vs. email.  I feel that email is a bit detached and unreal with a strong tendancy to slip into fantasy.  Phone calls are so much more real.  Much can be made from one's voice inflections, laughs, sighs and other mannerisms.  Many of the barriers that are found in email fall once you pick up the phone.  Of course you will never get the benifits from a phone call that you would get from a personal visit, but you do get a whole lot more than a written email.  My wife, Lena, and I got to know each other very well through phone calls.  We knew each other's heart, soul and mind before we even met.

It seems as though you have come upon a RW that is very selective.  It appears as though she has high standards in what she is seeking from a man.  Believe me when I say that THAT is the best type to seek out, if you are up to the "standards."  (In your case, I know you are)
KenC
ps (We have been using Noble cards at 9 cents/min with no connection fee.  They have worked well for us)

tfcrew
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to another point, posted by KenC on Oct 6, 2001

Right now I could use a fistful of them !
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: