Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 10:22:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riga & small agency question  (Read 4362 times)
MikeFin
« on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

For various reasons after doing research on the net for months, I have decided to probably visit Riga, Latvia sometime next spring. While St. Pete is a distant second, I would rather concentrate on one city. I have become reasonably educated on the history, customs, social, and political climate in current day Latvia.

Is there anyone on this list who has any familiarity with a Mr. Wallace Lockhart, an Amercian who runs a small agency out of Riga?

For those of you who have used larger tours to Riga, any comments on the ones you felt provided the optimum of personal service and attention to details?

THANKS

BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Riga & small agency question, posted by MikeFin on Oct 6, 2001

I would recommend another country.  The success rate is low with women from the Baltic Republics.  I think since they are more affluent, they are less motivated in coming to the US.  The average woman there is very good looking but you will have a hard time bringing one back.  EC may discontinue their tours there because the success rate is so low compared to Russia and the Ukraine.  They didn't seem very marriage or family oriented.  

St Petersburg has much better sights to see and that's why I think it's one of the best tours to take.  It's a much bigger city and there are more available women.

About the only thing to see in Riga is old town which takes just a few hours.  There is a military museum that is supposed to be good.  It seems warmer than the temperature because the humidity is high, so take that into account.  

There is a restaurant there that is on one of the main roads that is lit up that is a good place to eat.  There are a bunch of amusements for kids up front.  It's a big buffet style place and it's pretty cheap.  Old town has a lot of bars, nightclubs and restaurants.  They don't have air conditioning in Riga, so time your trip accordingly.  

I stayed at the Eurolink hotel, which is pretty good and the Eurolink Hotel is on the 3rd floor of the Hotel Riga. The location is pretty good because it's by old town and close to shopping.  Get bottled water right away.  That water is nasty.

EARL
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Riga & small agency question, posted by MikeFin on Oct 6, 2001

Hi Mike, whats your email. I am going to Riga also.
MikeFin
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Riga & small agency question, posted by EARL on Oct 8, 2001

Earl,

Drop me a note at sadies_dad@nospam.com

TG
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I used Wallace in the early days of his agency with good results. He knows the locals there and is a good contact person to know.
WmGo
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

I met Mr. Lockhart last June when I was in Riga. He is a nice guy. He does not really have an agency of his own - he uses local agencies and acts kind of like a go between. He is honest and will give you a lot of good advice. He can help you with apartment rental.

Good luck.

MikeFin
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Riga & small agency question, posted by WmGo on Oct 6, 2001

THANKS.....I notice his online site is down, any notions if he changed domain names? I havent been able to locate him again.
If youd be willing to exchange some ideas from your time in Riga, Id appreciate it. If so, drop me an e-mail.

MikeFin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: