Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
July 01, 2024, 05:41:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Passport Control at Boryspil Airport (Kyiv)  (Read 5643 times)
richardd
« on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

When I cleared passport control this afternoon at Boryspil airport in Kiev I had to fill out a for that I did not have to fill out in April when I came to Kiev.  In my mind this form amounts to registering your passport as it requires your passport info (number, nationality, etc.)

FWIW, no mention was maid about buying insurance at Passport Control. However, the "registration" form does let you know that it is available.

jj
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Passport Control at Boryspil Airport (Ky..., posted by richardd on Oct 2, 2001

Yes Registration at (OVIR) was abolished on July 1.  This is good.  But you still need to register your arrival.

I think Health (Travel) Insurance is still required but you do not need to buy the Ukraine Insurance.  Just ckeck that you curremnt Health/Travel Insurance covers Ukraine.

Mick
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Passport Control at Boryspil Airport (Ky..., posted by richardd on Oct 2, 2001

Hi Richard,

I am glad you made it to Kiev safely. I had the same confusing experience in August - I was sent back from the passport control to pick up and fill out an Immigration card (I think that this is what you are referring to), which was a new thing to me since my previous trip in March.

It seems to me, and I heard about it from other posts and also from BRAMA board, that this card is sort of a replacement for previous compulsary registration at OVIR that was abolished. It also looks like that the mandatory health insurance (available previously at the airport's counter) has been abolished, too (I believe from 1st September). Although the information on the Immigration card regarding the health insurance states that HI for foreign visitors in Ukraine is still mandatory, some experiences from other travellers indicates that the compulsory HI is no longer required. It would be nice if you could tell us more about your experience with that.
Enjoy your stay.

Mick

wsbill
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2001, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Passport Control at Boryspil Airport..., posted by Mick on Oct 2, 2001

Has anyone ever heard of anyone using it Huh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: