Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 26, 2024, 03:44:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Colombia Disaster  (Read 54151 times)
RonA
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bold faced LIE!!!!!! Latin Best is hones..., posted by Heat on Dec 18, 2005

It's not a lie.  I've never used the agency, but I was told by multiple people in Medellin that Cali agencies - and Latin Best in particular - are even worse than the Medellin agencies.  Considering everything that I saw and heard at a Medellin agency, I will never use a Cali agency (especially Latin Best).
RonA
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by Kiltboy1 on Dec 18, 2005

Everybody said the same thing in Medellin.  Everybody said that it is common for the women in the agencies to work as prostitutes.

I wish I had explored Medellin without using an agency.  I threw away a three-week vacation and thousands of dollars.

Cali James
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

[This message has been edited by Cali James]

I wouldn't be surprised that there are some prostitutes in agencies.  It only makes sense, how many guys go to Colombia looking for a wife yet still visit whorehouses on the side.  Hey, some of the prostitutes have figured this out and now work the agency just like they would the street.  I don't think the women who do this are any worse than the guys who are whoremongering at night while acting like gentleman at the agency during the day.

The bottom line, is each individual needs to know the person they are dating and know them well.  I would prefer that agencies filter out prostitutes if they in fact know it to be true.  But what should they do about the guys who are members and visiting prostitutes?  I think it's a double-standard, maybe it's just better left alone unless it can be applied equally....

RonA
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Colombia Disaster, posted by Cali James on Dec 18, 2005

I agree with you.  I think that this industry needs to be regulated.  Frankly, I'm very angry.  I wasted a three-week vacation and thousands of dollars at that agency.

These agencies seem to be some sort of bizarre meeting place for Colombian prostitutes and American whore mongers.  Everything is a lie, and everybody is a liar.

EbonyPrince
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

From what I read of the previous post is that the law is only going to keep Americans with criminal records from being able to marry a latina.  It will be tough to regulate agencies operated in other countries.  The only ones that will be affected is the men seeking women in a different country.
RonA
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by EbonyPrince on Dec 18, 2005

At least the new law is a good start!
Patrick
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

It's going to have the opposite effect you think.  Foreign owned and operated agencies (which will be immune from these laws) are generally going to be operated with less honesty than an American owned and operated one.  This law will simply put (some of) the American owned agencies out of business and create more opportunities for the foreign owned agencies.  Hopefully there will be more guys like Nelson in Bogota stepping forward, but I suspect things will get worse from both a female safty perspective and a customer service point of view.

All-in-all, this may be a good thing.  Sometimes I think there's too many guys doing this.  When I was in the hunt, I was able to get great results from simply placing a personal ad in newspapers.  These days, they hardly generate any interest at all.  For men who can speak Spanish and don't need to have their asses wiped for them, the opportunities will still exist and the competition from weenies throwing money at women while an agency walks them around by the hand will be out of the picture.

I think you had a bad experience and are turned-off at the moment either by what you saw, or what you thought you saw.  I don't think you stated how you know the woman is a hooker.  Not saying she is or isn't, but I've seen a lot of false accusations from men who went in paranoid and expecting the worst.  When you look for the worst, sometimes you see it, even if it's not there.

Maybe you could describe the evidence that leads you to believe you were about to marry a prostitute.

RonA
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Actually not, posted by Patrick on Dec 18, 2005

The agency that I used is American-owned and operated.  I would hate to think that the Colombian-owned and operated agencies are even worse.  Incredible.

Another American told me that she is a prostitute.  He didn't know that I was going to get engaged to her.  I didn't believe him, and I was angry.  I called her, and I told her that I wanted to see her.  I confronted her in person.  I asked her if she worked at a particular location.

She admitted it and laughed.  She thought the whole thing was a big joke.

Pete E
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to American-Owned and Operated, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

She obviously thought you were a big joke too,laughing off the whole thing.With that kind of skill in character selection you could have got a green card shark who you might have married and hauled to the states and it would have cost you alot more money.Consider yourself lucky someone filled you in,you obviously where not reading her well yourself.
I don't know who you are talking to saying Latin Best is the worst agency for keeping obvious prostitutes around,but they obviously do not know what the hell they are talking about.Is it possible there are TWO disgruntled guys who made poor choices and want to blame an agency or did you dream the whole thing up?

Pete

Cali James
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

I'm not suggesting regulation at all!  Bottom line, people need to be responsible for their own choices.

RonA
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Colombia Disaster, posted by Cali James on Dec 18, 2005

But fraudulent agency owners should not be responsible?  Why not?

I think that agency owners should be responsible, and that's why regulation is needed.

Craig
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I think you full of cocka..... eat it Ron!
RonA
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by Craig on Dec 18, 2005

Posted by Craig on 12/10/2005

I just returned from another trip to Manizales Colombia to see my fiancée. No offense to my brothers here in the states but I enjoy being the only Gringo in a city and this time did not meet one gringo my entire stay. The truth as I see it… Cali is ruined by the gringos and goof balls all over the world that have made it difficult to meet desirable women at an agency. The women have also been corrupted and have so many choices. This is because only about 8% of all the women in an agency are being asked out …the most attractive of course. The re-sellers are selling the same contact information, making the odds of meeting a women very difficult, and I know for a fact that many of the women are not available…many married…some in the states studying English in Miami and many with multiple boyfriends who they play. This is the truth ask any of the veterans on this board and I’m sure they will agree. About 3% of the most attractive women are getting 98% of the contact. This is what you’re up against. My fiancée went with 6 women from work to a letter writing site who sells to re-sellers of the six women she got 45 letters the rest combined got 0 that’s amazing…0. The same at the agencies the same 3% are getting 98% of the citas. It’s funny a girl on an agency web-site who said I was her soul mate is now married to a another guy 3 months after I left Cali. It's laughable…but expected these women are not going to wait around and they shouldn’t but is this the kind of girl you should marry?

I met my fiancée in Colombia in the town of Manizales she was a friend of a friend. My Colombian friend told me if I wanted to party stay in Cali if you want marriage material meet a Piasa, or a Manizalita. Hell…I’ve been going to Cali for 6 years and I love that city but it was time for a change. After about a year of dating my fiancée showed me letters she received on one of those dating web-sites she had joined before she met me…what I found out was amazing. She received about 45 letters in a three-week period. From doctors, cops, you name it she got it. I was stunned when I read them. The arrogance just spilled out. The doctor who was a good looking guy very successful wrote a five page letter describing how lucky a women would be to get the chance to be by his side and she better act quick or he won’t be available. Telling her he could tell she was a beautiful person by looking into her eyes. Other guys telling her basically the same thing but just not as arrogant. I asked my fiancée “why me?” I’m not the best looking guy the richest, or the smartest… so why me? The answer to this question is obvious and I will tell anyone who is truly interested in meeting a beautiful women how not to make a complete ass out of yourself. I will tell you how I did it but not in this post just send me e-mail and I will call you or you can call me. I will tell you how a decent guy got the best, most intelligent, good natured, attractive, sexy women I have ever known and loved.

Manizales is a great city. At night college students walk the streets late in the night. Lots of little coffee shops, bars, and things…very bohemian like. Beyond that not much to do. The city is much more beautiful then Cali as cold and damp as Bogota or worse. It rains, fog and the airports closes all the time and since the Avianca pilots fly by site into Manizales airport if it’s bad weather your not going anywhere. As far as agencies go there is one somewhere but I have no idea where in Manizales...they don’t advertise and do a lot of reselling. I don’t think you could go to Manizales without a command of the Spanish language and meet women, unless you made contact before and established some sought of friendship through writing and phone calls. The women seem more reserved and made no notice I was a gringo unless they saw me with my fiancée then we got lots of attention. If any of you want my advice on the agency scene in Cali of elsewhere I would love to help and offer you my advice and return the good will I received over the years by others. Take care.

Craig

mudd
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

So lets see, you make one trip and almost get engaged on your 1st trip, to some girl you barely know... most employee’s of an agency don’t know each girl personally. how could they, most have over 300 girls, how do you think they are going to know what each girl is doing, unless the owner or secretary is a close friend of the girl. It is your job to get to know her, which means making several trips BEFORE you get engaged.

I don’t fault the agency as much as I fault you.  Either make several trips, or go with a more personal agency with less girls and  more personal service. You also could try Peru, which is an alternative to Colombia.

RonA
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by mudd on Dec 18, 2005

If I buy a car that is a lemon, then I suppose it is my fault because I didn't drive it a few thousand miles before buying it?  The agency knows the woman is a prostitute.  Everybody knew she is a prostitute - except me.  The agency knowingly and intentionally lied.  She isn't a "sales clerk in a nice store" - she's a prostitute.  The agency is located in Medellin, and the other American men said that she isn't the only one.  They also said that Cali is even worse than Medellin.

Again, why is Colombia so highly touted and why do you trust these agencies?  None of the American men that I met in Colombia seem to trust these agencies, but they inexplicably use them on a regular basis.  Why?  I don't understand it - it seems masochistic.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: