Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 29, 2024, 03:24:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma getting many folks from Houston, etc  (Read 1666 times)
OkieMan
« on: September 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Well, Hurricane Rita is certainly a mean lady!  I just thought some of you might be fascinated as we all count down till Rita hits; we in Oklahoma are getting many people from Texas-- many, many from Houston.  Here in the Tulsa area, many are driving or flying here.  Our hotels and motels are booked solid.  If you have family or friends in the path of this storm-- may God Help Them!  Anyway, many folks are enjoying our hospitality, and I just thought that some of you might be interested.  By the way, we still have many people from Louisiana that came after Katrina hit.  Some have decided to just relocate here.  They don't want anymore to do with those hurricanes.  Can't say as I blame them.  We have tornadoes to deal with here, from time to time.  But this hurrican stuff-- way over the top!!

OkieMan

Michael B
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oklahoma getting many folks from Houston..., posted by OkieMan on Sep 22, 2005

My sister and family left Beaumont around 8:00 last night, bound for Muskogee. Last heard from in Tyler around 4:00pm today. Also got a truck driver friend who left Houston around 8:00pm, he was still in Conroe at 5:00am---he made Dallas around 4 this afternoon. (For those not familiar with the geography, Beaumont to Tyler should take 4 or 5 hours, Houston to Dallas 5 (OK, maybe 6 in a semi). Dallas hotels are sold out and the two main public shelters are full, but they are letting people into city rec centers, schools and churches. We do still seem to have gasoline, but starting last night there were lines at many of the stations.
OkieMan
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Oklahoma getting many folks from Hou..., posted by Michael B on Sep 23, 2005

Hey Michael B,

Boy, is this hurricane stuff weird!  My step-daughter wrote me this morning and her best friend (former college roommate) and her family are staying with  them in Broken Arrow.  Those people live in Houston, and her husband is a optomitrist.  The girls see each other all the time, but usually my daughter goes to Houston.  Now, it's in reverse.  It sure is funny how the years have flown by.  I was married to my step-daugher's mom back then, and I helped Candy (my step-daughter) get enrolled into college, and I remember when these girls first met.  The other girl (Cassie) was there with her dad, and I was there with my then wife.  Now, the kids are all grown, and I am a grandpa!  I really miss the family life like it was when I was married; so maybe someday I can meet the right lady and enjoy married life again.  At least that's the plan.  Take care.  Oh, by the way; you mentioned Conroe and your friend.  That reminded me about when I was a teenager, and I lived in Conroe.  I went to Conroe High School right before we moved back to Muskogee.  I graduated in Muskogee, but I enjoyed my time in Conroe.  That was a long time ago.

OkieMan

Kiltboy1
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oklahoma getting many folks from Houston..., posted by OkieMan on Sep 22, 2005

Okie

I need to put you in touch with a friend of mine from Oklahoma City who i met in barranquilla and am going on a trip with soon. I think you could get some good pointers from him as well.My email is listed , write me

Kilt

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: