Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 30, 2024, 08:42:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fats Domino?  (Read 2530 times)
OkieMan
« on: September 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Has anyone heard any updates concerning whether Fats Domino is alright or not?  He was always one of my favorites.  When I was a kid, my grandparents had some old 45s that my aunt (my Dad's younger sister) had left with them.  I have many happy childhood memories of listening to "Blueberry Hill" on their phonograph!  They also played me some old Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Elvis and one of absolute favorites was Roy Rogers singing "Pecos Bill".  Unfortunately, that record either got damaged or lost.  When my grandmother died, my aunt got back all the rest of those old 45s.  She and my uncle have them in Ukiah, California, where they are retired.  
Anyway, getting back to Fats Domino, he had a very original sound, and I really liked all his oldies.  For some of you younger men who think that I sound like an "old goat", I guess I am. (52)  Even though I was only a small boy during the '50s, I really enjoyed a lot of the music that came out of that era.  After all, that is when Rock n Roll was born.  So, if any of you catch something on the news about how Fats is doing, let me know.  I have already called one of our local TV stations here in Tulsa to find out if they knew anything. So far, no.  So, I am keeping my fingers crossed that old Fats at 77 years old will still be able to say -- "I'm Walking to New Orleans"!
That's another great song.

OkieMan

Nevergivingup
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fats Domino?, posted by OkieMan on Sep 2, 2005

He was found and now he is Walking Away From N.O.
OkieMan
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fats Domino?, posted by Nevergivingup on Sep 2, 2005

Thanks,

Right after I wrote the first thread, I saw a story about him on the news.  It is definitely good news for Fats and his fans!

OkieMan

Ray
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fats Domino?, posted by OkieMan on Sep 2, 2005

Fats is fine. They showed him on TV last night.
Onephd
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fats Domino?, posted by Ray on Sep 2, 2005

Yes but last I heard they had not found his wife.  Now I have been out most of the day so maybe they found her since then.
Keith NC
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Fats Domino?, posted by Onephd on Sep 2, 2005

Onephd,

I saw a picture of him in yestedays paper being rescued.  I didn't realize that he was 77 years old.  He looks a lot younger than that.  Good thing he is okay.

Keith

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: