Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 28, 2024, 03:24:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help with calling cards  (Read 7747 times)
zack
« on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by zack]

I cannot call Colombia from work without a calling card. I have been using callingcards.com for about a year with little problems until the past few months. I have recently had A LOT of no connections, bad connections, and cards that run out of minutes way too quickly. My current card number doesn't work at all, and their customer service department isn't much help. Does anyone here know of a RELIABLE calling card service I can switch to? Thanks in advance.

Zack

typher
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to need help with calling cards, posted by zack on Aug 22, 2005

I tried calling cards .com and had a ton of problems too. Now, I use viapin.com. Very reliable and great prices. geeez , I sound like a commercial.

typher

Gator
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

For my daughters calling from the USA to Bogotá we settled for Quest.  While it is more expensive, 17 cents a minute and 23 cents to our cell phone, there is no card involved, no loss of minutes, great connections, no minimum/maximum use and easy to reach customer service. To us the extra cost is worth it.

Here is Quest's web site if anyone is interested.

http://www.qwest.com/residential/ld/index_oor.html

CelticUrge
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For What's It Worth...., posted by Gator on Aug 23, 2005

I do the same thing using IDT. Costs 12/minute. Never had a problem with getting a line or connection. No card to use. Call toll free number for access, so I can use while travelling. Keep on credit card, once minutes get very low, recharge by $50, set up to automatically recharge. Even with a lot of use it's just not much money overall for a happy peaceful household.

http://www.idt.net/

Larga Distancia plan

http://www.idt.net/personal/intl/larga/default.asp?hidAction=intlrates&id=404414&desc=US&crnd=1&drnd=2&vat=&name=c

Frank O
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

NO clue. I use the same service & have not had problems. HOWEVER this past week I used about an hour from a $5 card (about 2 hrs 2o mins) & when I tried using a day later it said it had no time. Perhaps they are screwing up.
zack
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need help with calling cards, posted by Frank O on Aug 23, 2005

The same thing happened to me recently, except I paid for a $50 card and got only one hour from it. The customer service department was useless. This service is REALLY screwing up lately. You may want to consider switching services before you get hosed again.
Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

you might want to give nobelcom.com a try online. I have used several of their cards, the phone connection is always quick and the quality is ok. Decent prices as well
zack
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need help with calling cards, posted by Dan Las Vegas on Aug 23, 2005

I will look into nobelcom.com and compare it to the other sites/services posted here. Then I will decide which service is best (or seems to be the best) and go from there. Thanks Dan.
Fuzzyone
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I use a STI phone card and I usually do not have any problems. If you have a
problem finding it in your area try www.callingcardplus.com they sell several
different cards but I stick with this one.
zack
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need help with calling cards, posted by Fuzzyone on Aug 22, 2005

I will look into that. Thanks Fuzzy.
Looking4Wife
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Buen punto (good point), Zack!

In the brief time I have been using phonecards.com (aka callingcards.com), since May 2005, they have gone from GREAT to "hit or miss".

They are still better then the other card I picked up while in Miami, CafeTel, but I am also looking for a more reliable replacement...

zack
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: need help with calling cards, posted by Looking4Wife on Aug 22, 2005

"In the brief time I have been using phonecards.com (aka callingcards.com), since May 2005, they have gone from GREAT to "hit or miss."'

Yeah, more like from GREAT to "Hit or miss" to SCAM. If the ripoffs that I mentioned above continue to happen to other customers for a significant amount of time, then I could safely say that callingcards.com has regressed to SCAM STATUS, which probably wouldn't last long.

Zack

JaySlo
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: need help with calling cards, posted by zack on Aug 23, 2005

I've used nobelcom.com and callingcardsplus with acceptable results. All these companies skim and sometime connections leave a lot to be desired but these two have been around for some time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: