Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 02:28:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Weeks...  (Read 15167 times)
HappyIdiot
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Two Weeks..., posted by Taliman on Nov 19, 2001

Thanks for the compliment.   I really see this site as a wonderful source of support and cooperation, so I learn alot and try to say something useful (or funny) when I can.

ps. Is your brother Taliban?  Sorry he got such an azz kicking lately. joking!

Taliman
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Taliman, thanks, posted by HappyIdiot on Nov 20, 2001

Wife is from Talisay ergo Talisay Man = taliman  ;0)
Mars
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Two Weeks..., posted by Howard on Nov 19, 2001

Do not think of it as dying a little bit inside. I know it is impossible to think that way when your heart hurts but you will come out of this a stronger, wiser person. THe bright side of this is your integrity is still intact. Oh...and if I were you, I would not even bother to write a letter to your ex mother in-law. She already knows what's going on.
Mars
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Two Weeks..., posted by Mars on Nov 19, 2001

I would get to it as soon as possible if I were you. You say you don't want to do any irreversible paper work but Howard.....it is all reversible and can be revoked at any time. You just will be out of some money. Am I right in assuming from your post that if she showed up on your doorstep after you have filed, you would take her back? C'mon man....only a complete stoop would do that after the breach of trust you just experienced...... and you are no stoop.
panther
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Good you are putting a time limit on this so you won't be on an endless emotional roller coaster.  Yes someday you may laugh at this but you really need to talk to your wife to find out her story so you can at least learn what went wrong and learn from your mistakes.  You need a resolution one way or the other and it should come from your wife, not second hand information.  I think your first priority in communicating to the mother-in-law is to tell her you must communicate to your wife.  Tell her it is an emergency.  I don't want to give you false hopes but someone may have told your wife something false about you and she may be retreating and not communciating to you because of this.  This may be very unlikely but with all you've put into this relationship you need to know the truth and you need hear it from your wife.
Mars
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Two Weeks..., posted by panther on Nov 19, 2001

I don't beleive Howard needs to talk to her. Her actions speak louder than words and besides.....how can a discussion with someone that has values like she has recently demonstrated accomplish anything. It's a waste of time.
Dave H
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi H,

I am sorry to hear the bad news. Having been through only one divorce, I am probably not an expert. But, the experience left a lasting impression. I knew that I had done everything I could do to try to save the marriage and also knew what I had to do. I felt guilty at times, just the same. After I filed for divorce, I felt some relief. When the judge pounded his gavel and proclaimed the desolution of my marriage, I felt as if the weight of the whole world had been lifted off my shoulders. I no longer had to try to figure out ways to make my wife happy and save our marriage. I went out and celebrated at my favorite restaurant. I still get a silly grin on my face when that day comes each year (it just passed). :oD Life was up and down at times. Sometimes it was very dark and without joy. At times I felt like I could not go on, but somehow I always did. If not for myself, for the others that loved and cared about me. I got through it and learned how to love more than I ever have before. I never thought anything good would come from my divorce. I was wrong! I met and married the most wonderful woman I have ever known. The only regret I have is that I didn't find and marry her the first time around. Of course she would have been in elementary school then. ;o))

Keep the faith bro,

Dave H.

Carmi Bentley
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yep, it sucks..., posted by Dave H on Nov 19, 2001

Are you sure it wasn't pre-school?  Just messin' with ya!  Glad you're happy.
Dave H
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Elementary school?, posted by Carmi Bentley on Nov 19, 2001

Hi C,

It might have been pre-school. LOL We are 16 years apart and I got married at 26 to my first wife. If I had been 20, it would have been pre-school. Shocked))

Dave H.

may10
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

"I'll just die a little more inside, become a little colder.  Maybe someday, we'll all look back on this and have a good laugh."

yes.........like you, i hope so , too.  *S*

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: