Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 09:13:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: college junior  (Read 2773 times)
DE
« on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

From the way Dave H makes it sound (don't take it personally, Dave--I'm just picking on you. Smiley, college juniors are brainwashed zombies.  I resent this. Smiley  I'm a 20-year-old college junior, and I don't consider myself at all brainwashed.  I'm grown up in a middle-class family.  My dad's a farmer, and I had to help plenty of times in the fields (so yes, I know exactly where milk comes from ... and it ain't Borden! Smiley  I'm also a lowly English major who's starting salary will be nowhere near the 6 digit range....I'm figuring on probably in the 30-40K range.  I happen to believe wholeheartedly that while a college education can prepare you for a job, only life prepares you for life.  I also happen to believe that there are far more important things than money in this world.  I would much rather have a very modest house in a very modest neighborhood with a very happy family than have a huge house, all the perks and have a cold family.

Like I said, Dave H, don't take it personally.  I couldn't resist.  Just letting everyone know where I come from.

DE

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to college junior, posted by DE on Jan 24, 2001

N/T
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: