Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 02, 2024, 11:22:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher  (Read 6397 times)
Heat
« on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I can't believe that anyone would think that this post is funny and true. My blood is boiling at you for passing along such garbage"""

Jim,

First let me say that I have met you and think you are an honest, decent guy.  However your anger is misplaced.
I hear you run a decent agency.

But many do not.

Many are rude, egocentric know alls.  Many are ripoff artists who sell a dream to unsuspecting gringos. They can't speak Spanish and must rely on Colombians to steer their clients to a women.  This invites disaster.

Your business is full of Johnny come lately jerks who open of an agency, ripoff some people and then fold up.
Or Colombians with ringers and green card sharks.

Deal with it.

You seem to want blame the clients for speaking out against the dishonest people in your business.

It's funny because it's true.  All humor must have an element of truth to be funny. There is more than enough truth in Sake's post.

If you have a beef then take it to the people responsible.

The dishonest agency owners and the stupid selfish gringos who feed off each other.

If an agency sells the dream that it's a walk in the park to meet your life mate in Colombia then the owner is a liar.

That you need not learn Spanish, the culture or dress right.  You need not be clean and presentable.

And that a fifty year old gringo can marry a twenty two year old sexy Colombiana and live happily ever after.

Then the are dishonest.  Your business is full of jerks who can't make it in the real world.  They live hand to mouth and need to rip people off to survive.

Instead of blaming me "Mr. Agency basher" blame your industry.

It's failure to police itself has led to the wacko liberals in congress to start to pass laws to outlaw the practice.

This is the result of both agency owners and stupid gringos who believe them.

And we normal folks who want to outsource the American Women will end up paying.  Paying by facing regulation from the government as we attempt to fulfill our dream.

And you folks seem to whistle by the graveyard.

Gringo Loco
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by Heat on Jun 17, 2005

[This message has been edited by Gringo Loco]

I wanted to repost this message for the narrow minded.

I do agree with you! There are a lot of agencies that are ripping people off or selling the world for only $1199.00.

But I want to put you in check here!

Car dealers still cotinue to rip people off!

Car mechanics still rip people off!

Moving companies still continue to rip people off!

Service companies still rip people off!

flea market vendors still rip people off!

I am sure there are plenty more to list. The fact of the matter is. Yeah these guys should be dealt with. But you act like it's everyones fault that someone made a bad choice. You are your own judge and your own worst enemy.

But the bottom line is be smart! Use your head! make the right choice! This isn't brain surgery.

It's not just this industry!

Regards,

Michael Hurles
mike@yourlatinwife.com
www.yourlatinwife.com
The new era of International Relationships!

Gringo Loco
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by Heat on Jun 17, 2005

Hmmmm.

I feel that all men and all women should be eligible to meet. There will never be a law in any country to prohibit this or on the internet for that matter. I will not screen men and women for my site. If the guy or the girl is not smart enough to choose someone in their favor or get out a of a relationship headed for disaster when they see red flags then sorry for your luck bud!

Lets look at reality here guys. What dating sites have you ever been to and they screen the male or the female to decide whether they are a good candidate or not. Yes I do understand that guys are paying big bucks here. But hey I might be in love with her and you might think she's a bitch. So who's to judge? What right does anyone have to judge in this matter? The money is the big scam Hey lets charge more becuase we screen our women. Do they screen the guys for those poor innocent women? Pay the big bucks! Go ahead! You are wasting your money!

It is your job to find the right one not anyone elses! You have to live with her!

Use your freaking head! As a certain visa attorney says if you see one red flag get out! It's not perfect? Ask yourself how many relationships you have been through. Do you think for a second that just because she is Latin that she is perfect? Do you really think that if an agency screens these women that they are perfect? STOP DREAMING!

All you can hope for is that you do meet someone! Hell I still date women here. If it happens,it happens. Here are some of the things I look at on profiling women that I would consider dating.

There was only one question that I really focused on referring to Jamie's site. It was "What is the first thing that people notice about you when they meet you?" If a girl said her body I eliminated her. This means she will always be looking to attract someone. I do have one girl that did say that, that I chose. Only because she matched everything else I liked. But again YOU MUST BE THE JUDGE!

The best advice I can give a person is take your time. Choose several women. See who is more responsive. Don't commit on the first trip. Explore your options!!! Use your head not your heart for the answers you are looking for.

The best advice I would have for an agency owner is lay down the laws if they don't obey get em out!

My agency member rules are simple... Zero Tolorance and No 2nd Chances! This of course follows the terms and conditions agreement they must sign before being a member.

And the big question you need to ask yourself is this. Do you really think for a second that there is an agency out there that really gives a shit whether you find your soul mate or not? They all just want that dollar.

I will always try to run my agency one step ahead of the other guy. But guys it is up to you to use your head and find a great girl. Don't reley on someone else they don't have to live with her you do. And when it comes time for you to sign on the dotted line that you agree to be financially responsible for her married or not for 10 years once she enters the country. I gaurntee you those agency's are not going to be pulling money out of their pockets!!! Hope you enjoyed this one! I know I did!

Regards,
Michael Hurles
mike@yourlatinwife.com
www.yourlatinwife.com
The new era of International Relationships!

Jamie
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Heat’s posting of Sake’s post was done in humor and yes there is much truth in what Sake said.

The deception is not only aimed at the guy but the woman.

Here is an exerpt from my website:

Beautiful women profiled in a marriage agency are meaningless if they are not available and unfortunately that is often the case. Many international marriage agencies will do whatever it takes to lure beautiful women to join. For example, this was an ad placed by a Barranquilla marriage agency in the local Colombia paper El Heraldo in February of 2004.

"Latin Wife Connection invita a todas las damas interesadas en conocer Americanos y Europeos con la oportunidad de participar en el Sorteo de diez visas, inscribete y participa en eventos sociales. Cra 48 No. 75-83 oficina 101. Telefono 3690250 seccion fotografica gratis."

"Translation: Latin Wife Connection invites all women interested in meeting American and European gentlemen with the opportunity to participate in a raffle of 10  visas, enroll and participate in social events, free photographic session."

There is no such thing as a visa raffle in Colombia. This marriage agency like others is trying to entice women to join under a false pretense of getting a travel visa. So instead of attracting women looking for love they attract women trying to leave the country. The fact that you may end up with a woman that is hiding her true intent for marrying you is obviously of no concern to such agencies. By using a trusted marriage agency the beauty you see will be real and available.

Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Pete E
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Deception in attracting the women, posted by Jamie on Jun 17, 2005

Even a Bogota TV station had a contest where they led people to believe they could get them a visa if they won.What they won was a consultation with a service that tries to help you get a visa.
Matt took his girlfriend to the US Embassy in Bogota with letters from 2 US senators saying help out this girl.Zero,zip,didn't get them anything.
Its cruel deception to get people hopes up on this.Its very hard to get a tourist visa.You basically need a good job you had for years,maybe own some property and the older you are the better.Then some luck.It seems like a whim deal sometimes when they give them out.

Pete

Michael B
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Deception in attracting the women, posted by Pete E on Jun 18, 2005

Seems I remember 3 or 4 years ago there was a scam in Colombia, it LOOKED like a wealthy Englishman was advertising that he had serious intentions about finding the right Colombiana to get married with, but in reality it was a promotion for Renault automobiles......left a lot of ladies mad.
Heat
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Deception in attracting the women, posted by Jamie on Jun 17, 2005

You know Jamie I don't doubt that you want to do a good job.  And you are in business to make money.

But you would be wise to listen to the "old" timers here.

And you had better learn to speak Spanish. To me that sounds like the crux of your client problems.

This is meant as helpfull advise.

papi
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

that one takes the cake...who are Latin Wife Connection?
BogotaJim
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks for your pleasant, informative post. I do agree with some of your points but I would like to explore this further.  Unfortunately we cannot police our industry as its too easy for companies to start up in this business and there is a never ending stream of well meaning people who think thay can make a go of it in the agency business.  

In the early 1990s there were far fewer agencies and everyone was making money and things were pretty good.  Then came the internet which was the worst thing that has ever happened to this industry.

At one time in the late 1990s when business was booming I had a total of 50 clients over a 6 year period (obviously satisfied with their experience in Colombia )  decide to start their own agency.  Most copied from my website and even used our ladies as bait to lure new clients and of course offered lower rates.  All but one of thes start-ups failed within one year.

This is a sample of the free enterprise system and we must accept it for both the good and the bad. For this reason there is an old Latin phase "caveat emptor " (pardon my spelling ) which means "let the buyer beware".  

I am here to help the newbee's and to stop the flow of bad information that appears here from time to time. You should not generalize and attack agencies in general - after all if it wern't for agencies this forum would probably not exist. You are kicking a wounded horse when you attack the agencies.

If you want to help others you should be driving traffic to the old, established agencies and warn others who are shopping only for price. Time is a great equalizer in business and only the best agencies will withstand the test of time.   I venture to say that 97% of all agency problems are with agencies that have been in business for less than 10 years yet the old established agencies do the majority of volume so you can see that your actions are mis-directed.  How many complaints have you ever seen about Luz Amparo - (Latin Best) in Cali - I bet none or very few and she has been around for at least 10 years,  Are you getting the picture ?  PS  If you can come to Bogota July 1 or 2 I will show you how a first class agency works and you can attend the parties on me.

Heat
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by BogotaJim on Jun 17, 2005

Jim,

First let me say that your women are my type.  I like them smart, professional and sexy.  Your web page is honest.

You give no bullshit and sell no lies.  Unlike the majority.

We are on the same page.

Read what I wrote to Pete.

""""Pete,  Here we disagree. I would say that only maybe thirty percent of the agencies are honest. In Cali, Latin Best comes to mind. If the owner know a girl is a bad girl. She will kick her out. She is the exception.
Steve in Medellin also is honest guy. I hear Jim is too.""""

I'm sorry if you felt lumped in with the bad guys.
Perhaps I was wrong to not elucidate that there are many decent guys like you in the business.

I'm all for free enterprise.  And all for customer protection. i.e. this board.

Thanks,  I might take you up on the offer.
Now if I can just find a cheap ticket to Bogota.......

Regards

Pete E
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

Heat,
I know you didn't eriter that post but just passed it along.Although there is some truth in your post about agencies it takes the same tact alot of people take when guys talk about Colombians.Like they are all this way or that way.
So in my opinion the agency post is unfair and extreme  in seemingly indicting all.I think its about 20% true.We can argue over the numbers,but no way close to 100% true in my opinion.
I think we owe agencies alot of credit for generating the interest that brought us all togeter here.And I still think they are the best choice for most guys.
I don't blame Jim for being pissed.Its blatenly unfair in my opinion.

Pete

Stezo71
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by Pete E on Jun 17, 2005

I agree. I met my wife thru an agency, Hoda and many others also. The agency affords you the oppurtunity to meet many women at one time that you would not normally meet. The REST is up to you. If you are 40-50 year old guy and you cant figure out whether a woman is sincerly interested in you then you need to take responsibility for that the same way you would take responsibility if you met the girl in the U.S. and the relationship eventually didnt work out. It didnt work out for Pete in his marriage and Ive never once heard him blame the agency he met his wife for that! Now maybe there is blatant rip offs by agencys but that wasnt the experience I had with the 2 I dealt with. They had the usual "good girls" spiel etc but like I said you have to take that with a grain of salt. You should appreciate that the agency did the job of introduction for you and then from then on your on your own, no more hand holding.
Heat
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Ba..., posted by Stezo71 on Jun 17, 2005

It's failure to police itself has led to the wacko liberals in congress to start to pass laws to outlaw the practice.

This is the result of both agency owners and stupid gringos who believe them."""

Stezo,

Notice I spread the blame around here.  But lying is lying.
Many agency are lying to their customers.

Cali James
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Ba..., posted by Stezo71 on Jun 17, 2005

Good post Stezo, I think you're right.  Back when I was using agencies, many of the women I was meeting belonged to all the agencies in town.  I don't think it would have mattered where I met this one or that one because other than providing the initial contact, the rest was really up to me.
Heat
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: For Bogotá Jim from Mr agency Basher, posted by Pete E on Jun 17, 2005

Pete,

Here we disagree.  I would say that only maybe thirty percent of the agencies are honest.  In Cali, Latin Best comes to mind.  If the owner know a girl is a bad girl.  She will kick her out.  She is the exception.
Steve in Medellin also is honest guy.  I hear Jim is too.

I speak fluent Spanish.  I hear things you never hear.  Trust me, there is a underhanded game being played by the agencies and the women.  The name of the game is green card poker.  And they hold the full house.

This is a gamblers game.  However when ringers are used as in All Colombian girls and misrepresentation is used as others who say Spanish is completely unnecessary they are being dishonest.

How many horror stories do we hear about bad agency owners?
Is it all just crazy gringos?  No there is a pattern.

Notice I gave an equally beating to the gringos who are lazy, stupid, anti social ect...

But for Jim to shoot the messenger was wrong.

It's the agencies who are manly at fault.

They are selling a lie.  Like Hitlers propaganda minister said.  If you tell a big lie often enough, it will become the truth.

What's the lie you ask?  That these women are so different than other women.  That they don't care if you are old, fat , bald and unkempt.  That they don't care about money.

That they are faithfully and honest.  That you can be fifty years old and marry a eighteen year old foxy lady and all she wants is a stable home life.

Pure bullshit.  

They are women. Much better than American women.

But they women.  With the same feelings, problems, hopes, expectation, desires as any other women.

And if you play this game you had better be prepared.  And learn what makes them tick.  The culture, the language and how to deal with them.

And you better take a hard look at yourself.
That is maybe most the important thing.
You better be right with yourself.

Or you will be just another sad story on planet love.

Regards

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: