Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
October 04, 2024, 06:24:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fem-a Nazi in the house.........  (Read 7011 times)
Felinessa
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fem-a Na..., posted by fathertime on Jun 20, 2005

I would like to draw your attention that the argument started when a Latina researcher doing work on Latin women and mixed marriages was savagely attacked by your "experienced" members.  All I did was to defend her, which led other members to launch themselves in a series of "pontification, generalizations, and insults." That I agree with.

If you read carefully, I try my best not to generalize.  Not everyone attends to the same etiquette, however, and my posts are often maliciously distorted.  I also do not hurl insults.  On the contrary, I have been called "femi-nazi," my education was unnecessarily ridiculed and trivialized, and even members I never said a word to felt necessary to add unpleasant asides.

The "low blows" you mention do not exist.  I have not attacked anyone's character, for example, which is something others do routinely.  I argue points, only to be answered with ridiculous claims about my "bought degrees." Apparently, those things don't seem to bother you.

"Like any inexperienced newbie a respectful, low-key opinion is how a person usually enters these discussions."

Unfortunately, I disagree with this.  One, there are no official rules dictating the behavior of newbies. Two, the discussion regarding Felicity Grabiel relates to something I have real-life, permanent exposure to (and not just time spent on an internet board): critical frameworks and academic research. Again, if you look closely, this is really the only thread I was seriously involved in because I have some familiarity with the subject.

"Not a {I know everything and demand equal time} entrance."

I never said that I knew everything.  At the same time, I have equal rights to anyone else posting on this forum, except for the admins, and yes, I do demand equal time.  That said, I would like to emphasize "equal," so someone doesn't jump in to say that I demand more.

"Now I anxiously await your insightful retort. I am certain it will be informative and related to latin women, which this board is about."

Considering that my contributions have had to do with academic research on Latin women, or with the validity thereof, your sarcasm is unnecessary.

PS: you accuse me of generalizations and low-blows.  Note that I have made no references to your character or intelligence throughout.

Yet, what are these, coming from you?

1. "Just because you are (According to you) a woman" - unnecessary questioning - I believe you yourself realize the ridiculousness of questioning my gender

2. "As usual Felinessa sashays" - generalization

3. "I get the impression she is here just simply to disrupt and intentially engage the experienced ones with her ridiculous "Inside knowledge" and low blows." - ad hominem

4. "that justifys the sewage you clog this board with." - ad hominem

5. "Like any inexperienced newbie" - assumption

6.  "Now I anxiously await your insightful retort. I am certain it will be informative and related" - assumption, veiled ad hominem

I rest my case.

fathertime
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Fem-..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 20, 2005

Loves to argue.  
Always has to be right.  
Has an incredible sense of self worth.  
Has not learned how to interact with groups of people.
Insists on getting in the last word every time.

Those that are around you must be so happy now that much of your time is spent on the computer, making and "Resting your case".  

Felinessa
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ..., posted by fathertime on Jun 20, 2005

Thank you.  You just confirmed that I was right.

No ill feeling here.  If you see the truth in what I said, you're more than welcome to meet me halfway.

fathertime
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ..., posted by Felinessa on Jun 20, 2005

"Thank you. You just confirmed that I was right"

Thank you  for proving 2 points in one sentence:

1. You have to be right, always.
2. You have to get the last word in.
We clearly are not going to get along.  I have said what I need to say, so good luck and prepare to take your lumps while sharing your vast knowledge of latinas and every other subject.  Look on the bright side you have successfully garnered all the attention on the Latina and Russian board for a few days.  
Fathertime

Avispa
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fem-a Nazi in the house........., posted by Heat on Jun 19, 2005

I'm interested in hearing about this mail order bride business. It'd be really neat to order a woman from a catalog and have the USPS deliver her to my doorstep.
Heat
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fem-a Nazi in the house........., posted by Avispa on Jun 19, 2005

Yes one who has a zipper on her mouth.  Just kidding.....
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: