Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
September 28, 2024, 10:26:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spousal Visa help  (Read 2190 times)
JoeBravo
« on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

hello everyone...

My wife and I are going thru Spousal Visa process. Started in March and went thru the Nebraska Service Center. Petition was approved by INS last July and NVC informed us early August that they have our case. Wife sent in the DS 3032 (assigning me as agent) and I sent in I 864 last month. Got NVC packet 3 1st week of November and my wife is about to Fedex back to me the forms she had to sign (OF 169 and DS 230 part 1) which I will send over night to NVC.

I just want to ask the other guys that went thru or about to be finished with the Spousal Visa route, how far down the line is our case? What would be the next step after they recieve the signed packet 3 forms?

We didn't try the K3 route since by the time I found out about the implementation of K3 processing, we already had NOA# 2 from INS and the NOA from the NVC.

Thanks in advance.

Ray
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Spousal Visa help, posted by JoeBravo on Nov 16, 2001

Hi Joe!

I went through the spousal visa thing last year (visa issued in March, 2001). Things have changed somewhat since then. There was no DS-3032 and no separate processing fee for the I-864. For what it’s worth, I’ll give you our experience. Your mileage may vary.

I sent back all the packet 3 stuff  (OF-230 Part I, OF-169, I-864, etc.) to the NVC on 10/19. The NVC approved the petition and mailed it to Manila on 1/18 (about 3 months in NVC). The wife received the packet 4 with the appointment letter on 2/15. She had her interview and the consulate approved the visa on 3/6. The visa was delivered by Delbros on 3/13.

I don’t think there is anything more you need to do at this point but check with the NVC periodically to see what the status is on your petition. I was never able to get ANY information on that automated phone system. You need to keep trying until you reach a live operator. I would start calling about 2 months after they receive all the paperwork.

Good luck,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: